ReCycled (rack progress! 7/5)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ReCycled (formerly Murray in the Raw, 5/25)

Very cool 8)

Now you need to mount a 12" wheel/tire in the rack dropouts and have it just touching the wheel so it spins when you ride. Make a hypno-wheel disk to put in the wheel and make other riders pass out riding around you.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I'm liking the rack! Using another Murray rear triangle, brilliant!

Definitely following this one.

Cheers,
Dr. T

+1 What a kool idea! Can't wait to see what you do with it! 8)

yoothgeye said:
Now you need to mount a 12" wheel/tire in the rack dropouts and have it just touching the wheel so it spins when you ride. Make a hypno-wheel disk to put in the wheel and make other riders pass out riding around you.
The wheel thing actually crossed my mind, if I had one it would've at least been put on for a pic. :mrgreen: The hypno thing might be taking it a biiit too far though... :wink:

Re: ReCycled (formerly Murray in the Raw, 5/26)

Looking good! can't wait to see some more progress! Keep it up!
:mrgreen:

Re: ReCycled (formerly Murray in the Raw, 5/26)

What's this!?! Progress?? :roll:

Making a little headway on my rack project. I had to spend a little money here ($5) for an old metal milk crate (a repurposed material, sticking with the ReCycled theme :D). I'm only using the top 1/3 of it, I think I'm going to make a wooden base for the rack that the "box" will mount to. Still a rough idea but I'm finally getting somewhere with it.

Also fitted the new seat pan. I think I'm going to go with a re-wrap on this one, time to find some distressed leather! 8)

I still can't decide if I want to paint the frame or not. That will most likely be the last decision I make on this build. At least I'm making progress again! With as much work as some of you guys are putting into your builds, mine will get way lost in the voting process, but I've enjoyed myself and can't wait to cruise the boardwalk with a packed cooler on the rack. :mrgreen:

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

You're only 2 or less hours away from me and I've been in Colonial Heights, VA 3 times since your last update and I've got 2 old metal milk crates and I could've given you one! But at the price of gas, mine probably would've cost more. Both of mine came out of the trash, amazing how tough the things are. Maybe I need to cut mind up and copy you. :mrgreen:

That is a way cool rack frame build. Awesoem backyard (redneck, if you are below the Mason-Dixon) engineering.
My build is going to have a bottle opener on it as well, but I promise I didn't see yours until after I already won mine on ebay. Mine will be mounted differently, but your headbadge is a way cool idea.

yoothgeye said:
You're only 2 or less hours away from me and I've been in Colonial Heights, VA 3 times since your last update and I've got 2 old metal milk crates and I could've given you one! But at the price of gas, mine probably would've cost more. Both of mine came out of the trash, amazing how tough the things are. Maybe I need to cut mind up and copy you. :mrgreen:
Well get to cutting! :D Imitation is the best form of flattery. My bike won't be a RRBBO winner, I've got no problem with people using my ideas for inspiration!
kingfish254 said:
That is a way cool rack frame build. Awesoem backyard (redneck, if you are below the Mason-Dixon) engineering.
My build is going to have a bottle opener on it as well, but I promise I didn't see yours until after I already won mine on ebay. Mine will be mounted differently, but your headbadge is a way cool idea.
I am from GA originally, redneck engineering is what I do best. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the compliments guys. I've got a couple more ideas in the works for the bike, hopefully I can do a few more things to at least set this bike apart from the rest. I'm kind of running out of ideas without any money to spend on parts :roll:

Redneck Engineering it is then. I R One Fum Jawja Tek.

I am definitely filing away your rack frame idea away for future homemade longtail bikes (x-tra cycles) that I plan to try someday.(http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.ph ... tracycle... )

I love the way the drops give you cadilac style fins. Super cool.

Latest posts

Back