Rebar truss rods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I built these truss rods out of some scrap rebar I found...modeled after a CWC set that were on the bike for awhile.

Curious if anyone else has used rebar on their builds ?
If so, any pics to share ?

20160913_130835.jpg

20160913_131036.jpg

20160913_131051.jpg

Hey thanks !
I actually have a plan for the square nut...
I want to leave the square nut on the inside but make a cap nut for the back with some Ben Davis buttons (the ones with the little monkey face on them...)
Only problem is that they are on the pair of pants I wear in the shop. Gonna need to wait til they wear out... ;)

I do metal fab for a living, design and build, and generally I steer folks away from rebar as a "look", but a couple years back I got a client who really wanted bar stools out of rebar for his restaurant. They came out pretty awesome and since then I've used it in a couple other projects.
I like looking for it at the scrap yards. Pre-patina-d and often with unusual patterns and lettering. (Japanese rebar is pretty cool !)
I'm going to incorporate more rebar into this build, which I hope will end up looking rather like a rusty, industrial art bike in the end...:)

Maybe Ronnie Barrett would let you have some worn out .50 caliber sniper rifle parts for a ratrod bike build in the future.

.50 cal would be FBA for sure...but you might have given me an idea for a future build ;)
You can check out some recent updates to this rebar bike in my other thread, Rusty Chopper.
Might be absolutely nuts, but how about mounting a couple of 410's into the tank, firing out of the lights ???
Has it been done ??
Could be a new kind of competition shooting!!

Check with local police dept... i know in the bay they had guns to art programs... was cool way to source barrels for smithing.
Oh man, I might just have to work out the details on this!!

View attachment 34390
You go Klunking down a course that has targets set up along the way, positioned so that they would be in the line of fire for bike mounted shooting!!
BAM !

Im thinking more like bordercross.... start at same gate course 3 bikes wide with 9 riders.
Any who make it to the finish wins.

Latest posts

Back