• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rear fender for a Vista Torino 500 (1967-1969)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
I'm new to Rat Rod Bikes and I'm loving what I've seen so far. This community seems very friendly and knowledgeable.
I am looking for a narrow shorty 20" rear fender with a flip at the end for a Vista Torino 500 made between 1967 and 1969. I have tried many stingray fenders but the connections don't fit where I need to bolt it to the tire.
Here is the bike I'm working on. Any suggestions or offers would be much appreciated.
Cheers!
upload_2019-6-17_10-47-16.png

Last edited:
I have one also, Parts are hard to find. Try the muscle bike sites on face book. I remember someone had parts and he had a fender. I will try and find the person
wow, thanks!
I'm looking at an S7 fender on ebay right now. Lots of people are watching it though so any information you can provide would be much appreciated :)

Hi everyone,
I tried the Schwinn S7 rear fender on my Vista Torino and the part that bolts the fender to the bike was too far back to reach. I'll attach some photos so you can see what I mean.
Any advice or recommendations for a different fender would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
-Ruby

Attachments

• IMG-2831.JPG
    IMG-2831.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG-2828.JPG
    IMG-2828.JPG
    426 KB · Views: 129
For temporary use, you could remove the tab and drill a new hole in the proper place. Use the old hole to mount a reflector or rear light.

What manufacturer made these? Columbia? Snyder? Whichever one, I'd expand your search to that manufacturer and maybe you'll find a closer fit.

Its a sharp looking little bike :thumbsup:

For temporary use, you could remove the tab and drill a new hole in the proper place. Use the old hole to mount a reflector or rear light.

What manufacturer made these? Columbia? Snyder? Whichever one, I'd expand your search to that manufacturer and maybe you'll find a closer fit.

Its a sharp looking little bike :thumbsup:
The vista torino was made by Schwinn. Was hoping the S7 fender would work. It was the closest fit I have found so far. Most fenders are too wide.

Hi everyone,
I tried the Schwinn S7 rear fender on my Vista Torino and the part that bolts the fender to the bike was too far back to reach. I'll attach some photos so you can see what I mean.
Any advice or recommendations for a different fender would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
-Ruby

Hi Ruby,
I agree with RustyGold about drilling out the “L-bracket” and simply relocating it where you need it to be. THEN just fill the hole with a small bolt that appears to be a smooth rivet. Those smooth rivet looking bolts are available on eBay. They are just fender bolts without a slot for a screwdriver...... they are slick and relatively cheap.
ALSO ... the Vista brand was a division of Columbia bicycles! The story on Vista is that Columbia wanted to have a “Bike Shop Brand name” separate from Columbia in the ‘70’s....
Whereas Columbia was already a Big Box Store brand by then .... and some independent bike shops wouldn’t carry Columbia because of that .... so Columbia introduced VISTA to be sold in Independent Bike Shops. Basically a Columbia in a different disguise.
Cool Bike! Good luck with your resto!
Cheers! CCR Dave

Latest posts

Back