Really Cool ORIGINAL Lights and Reflectors!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The hard to find Bezels, Reflectors and OG Lights on your Bicycles!

Sometimes when browsing a model for the correct parts, its a little harder to match up original parts without seeing them!
If you have any of these,. Rare Rocket lights, rack lights., tank lights, Bezels and cases,. Any of those RARE originals you have,. Post em Here! Some of those old lights havent been seen by the coming of age group of collectors, and I think itd be great to have them in one place.

From the French steel headers with domed glass faces to Persons Reflectors!

Persons 219
TailLight-persons219-_zpsffcdb3f7.jpg

Needs a new face and glass :(

Last edited:
Try the Headlight/Taillight post in this part of the forum. Look under the first post in this section for a whole list of the cool "Show Me You" threads!

Theres one that covers headlights and tail lights, which i've posted in, but nothing in regards to ORIGINAL pieces., ones intended specifically for certain models, like my 219 being specifically for the Westfield of that year., and maybe a few others. Many are missing or were too ruined to make it this far.,

I like to see the original pieces and especially the hard to find ones that have made it this far. There are a couple of good rare french examples on the Bay for a couple hundred [which is obscene but they're so pretty!] and that's about all I can find aside from some generic persons flat glass reflectors with metal backings.

I don't intend to derail the headlight tail light thread before me, more accentuate just the Stock Pieces. of the category and have more, if there are any added to that list specifically in one place.

Thanks for the Backing, Luke! I sure hope it does establish a little bit of ease for those peering into those cool little restoring details., I hope it leads to other pages of similar desire to follow!
[Maybe original Hubs thread :eek: ]

I got a 61-63 Columbia Torpedo [Westfield,Ma.]
with a Delta Electric Co. Light, nice little flip switch light powered by two D-CELL.

Its missing the lens but works Great. Look how it Attaches!
I suspect the Light and Bars were a matched combo set, given the Light works as the handle-bar pin.
20150715_125057_zpsomtoxbsi.jpg

20150715_125105_zpsyjappxyo.jpg

[The bars Have this Ghost Sticker that said "Automatic" something or other..
I and a friend have purposed it was to further advertise its Automatic Bendix 2sp Kickback Hub.]
20150715_125036_zpsbcdgtwkk.jpg

And a shot of the light POST Polishing.
20150716_134732_zpswf9yj52t.jpg

Flying Zombie

Time to bring back the dead [of this thread] as is my style ;)

Ive posted pretty much everywhere else with this Gem I had for a short-lived time,. this comes somehow obvious to me to be one of the more appropriate places of display for educational methods.

I began this thread as a means to show STOCK Original surviving Reflectors and Lights on their respective bikes and I bring that to you herein today with yet MORE photos of the:
1936 Schwinn Autocycle Jeweltank

As you've read and its clear in these, it got the name JewelTank for its lovely Glass filler reflectors on either side. [BIG TOO!]
Along with those, came the Deluxe Reflector on the rear fender with its mounting frame and even a glass gem right on the rear racks tail end.

In addition to those, there is the Seiss Twins on the front end which "Hens teeth" scathes close to describing as with the Original Scripted Fender Bomb on the front fender made out of Uranium Glass which gives it that Lovely eerie green tint [and a fraction of radioactivity!

These All Stock components can be seen together on the 36 and 1937 Models of Autocycle, whereas the Seiss lights can be found on Schwinns dating into the early 40s on Motobikes of Schwinn.
[feel free to post below with date or model corrections,. Schwinn isnt exactly my first go to brand of choice where my knowledge is vivid]

I figured while I was at it, beings the Speedo is ALSO a lightup accessory [Im really posting just because its so darned cool and I cant believe I owned one.]., Id add that in here too. Its bulb mounts in a tiny unscrewable flange from underneath and gives the speedo a VERY neat glow via one of the two EA Handlebar Buttons, where the other works the inner horn inside the tank.

The Switch [a replacement, but fitting for the overall beauty of this craft] on the tanks chainside top of course to switch the Headlights on.

Zombie

11.jpg
12.jpg
14.jpg
7.jpg
2.jpg
25.jpg
24.jpg
26.jpg
6.jpg

Latest posts

Back