RE-TIRED STRIPPER - Formerly Spit Ply-er DONE (basically)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking great mate.

I used one of those lights on Rattled, my BO8 bike...

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/rattled-ex-≈-peacetogether-≈-name-change.72610/

If you go to the link above and scroll down, you will see how I got it to go.

Cheers,

Glen
Thanks Glen, and Rattled looks great! I was hoping I was going to be the first guy that had the rotating light so it's just a bullet shape when not in use... I guess it's true when they say "everything has been done before."

I'd improvise a way to soak the rivets with vinegar for a day. It will take it off and you won't be using abrasives around the vinyl. Maybe you could use that high tech yellow duct tape to make a bowl around the rivets that'll contain the vinegar.

I'd improvise a way to soak the rivets with vinegar for a day. It will take it off and you won't be using abrasives around the vinyl. Maybe you could use that high tech yellow duct tape to make a bowl around the rivets that'll contain the vinegar.
Well I thought it was a tight enough fit to hold the vinegar after wedging the duct tape under the rivets but I looked at the seat before I left for work today and the vinegar drained and soaked the into the seat. I think trial two will leave the duct tape and leave vinegar soaked cotton balls on top of the rivets. Hoping my newly built bike doesn't smell like pickles after all this....

I had a similar issue with fork set on Barracuda I built a few years age. Fixed with a red scotchbrite pad and some WD40 penetrating oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's not much of a teaser but I started the most important part of my build last night. Traced the tank section of the frame then plotted a graph around it. I will be building the frame in cad so this allowed me to get the curve and other dimensions pretty much spot on. It did take a few print-outs and adjustments to get it to where I'm happy with it, but that part is behind me. I'm now onto the fun part of building some of my concepts in cad. I have a number of ideas I've sketched up and can't choose the final direction until I see them in 3D space.

IMG_7729.jpg

Very cool!
I am loving the added talent that is showing up in this build-off, I don;t think I have seen cad used in a previous one unless it is the lower tech C.A.D.-Cardboard Aided Drawing...

Luke.

Very cool!
I am loving the added talent that is showing up in this build-off, I don;t think I have seen cad used in a previous one unless it is the lower tech C.A.D.-Cardboard Aided Drawing...

Luke.
Haha yeah I guess I'm going from one cad platform to the next! It looked like The Renaissance Man was using some sort of cad to get a visual on some of the parts like the seat bracket on his current build. I'm not sure I'd call what I'm doing talent though until we see how the tank turns out!

Alright well here's the first good look at the tank design I'm working on. I keep fine tuning it and can't get myself to call it complete, but this is the concept. Below is a screen grab of how it looks in 3D, as well as a full scale foam-core mock up to be sure it fits as planned in the frame. If all goes well it will set just beneath the seat stays at the rear. It will be tight but I think it will fit.

screengrab.jpg

The greyed out area in the tank image below will be a pass through zone. I sort of stumbled on the idea while building another concept. It should look pretty good, and I'm trying to think of something cool that would make sense to hang under the straight bar because this would give me a cool area to put leather straps. The only thing I thought of so far is maybe an old tire pump. I'm open to suggestions/feedback if anyone has any...

shaded.jpg

That is an awesome tank design..
I really like the wings and the pass thru idea.

Very nice design! :41:
How do you plan to make the actual pieces? Looks like your just a couple of steps away from either CNC or a 3D printer!

As for my computer renderings, I'm way more crude than what your doing. I just draw stuff on top of pictures in my graphic software (CorelDraw).

3D printer would work great if you have access.

Latest posts

Back