Re: Scored ANOTHER cool project! Old John Deere

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Scored a cool project! Seat done!

I say duct tape it! you could always tape it then spray some sort of clear / lacquer over it to help protect it from the elements.

bicycleguy said:
I say duct tape it! you could always tape it then spray some sort of clear / lacquer over it to help protect it from the elements.
True, I don't ride it in the rain anyway and it's kept inside my shed so I'm not worried about the elements.

krylon makes a green named olive branch thats as close as you can get to od green It looks better then their camo green

Re: Scored ANOTHER cool project!

Well I got a flat tire the other day on the Razz and a friend saw me pushing it home and asked if I wanted to get rid of it. I said not really but what's your offer, he said he's got lots to trade....My favorite word...TRADE....Well anyway I go over and check out his toys and find a kinda cool go kart. 125cc with a 2 speed and reverse (Honda clone motor). Needs a bit of work but it has full suspension, hydraulic brakes, power steering, roll cage, and all. He said his kids were riding it and it lost spark but I have a 110cc motor and wire loom off of a china chopper that is a 4 speed that ran great when I pulled it from the chopper when I wrecked it, so I could just swap motors but I'd loose reverse and gain two more forward gears. New these little buggers run $700! I'll get pics later but it looks identical to this one but mine is silver in color.

2800276_s1_i2.jpg

Re: Scored ANOTHER cool project! Mini dune buggy!

That's a cool trade! I think it would look a lot meaner with some bigger wheels and tires.

Actually I listed it on C-list to see if I could flip it for profit without touching it and it sold 3 hours later.

Re: Scored ANOTHER cool project! John Deere Model 108 and a quad

Had another cool day of picking! I found a kid's 4 wheeler on the back of a junker buddy's truck today and bought it for $35
P1270020.jpg

I got it home and looked it over and it wasn't too bad but a friend who has like 3 other quads wanted it for parts so he traded me an old John Deere Model 108 Lawn tractor for it. Oldie but a Goodie, runs great, mows great, but needs some cosmetic TLC. Overall not bad for $35! I'll get some pics of the tractor tomorrow.

Also got an older BMX bike frame in on a trade that I have no idea what it is but could be something good. Welds look very nice, light as a feather, and for the price it was worth a shot in the dark. So far this is the closest thing I have found on the web. The gusset and small plate near the BB both look identical.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/bik/2990965476.html

I looked on BMX museum and they don't have an '83 but the welding along the gusset looks different. The search continues. I'll try to get pics tomorrow.

Serial # is stamped vertically on the left dropout just in front of the axle slot.

Latest posts

Back