Re: Scored ANOTHER cool project! Old John Deere

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just scored a nice Yamaha Razz today for $50! Just needs a carb cleaning that I will do tomorrow. Was getting dark so I didn't get pics.

Re: Scored a cool project!

Here's a few pics. It's a beater but for $50 it is great. I did a carb cleaning and found a carb full of 2 stroke oil...(Someone stored it properly for storage) Did a carb cleaning and it runs like new. 5200 miles and still going strong......Got to love a Yamaha. Got to love color matched duct tape though.....lol
PC150154.jpg

PC150155.jpg

PC150156.jpg

PC150157.jpg

PC150158.jpg

Re: Scored a cool project!

Funny thing I actually sold him the moped a year ago for $400 when I was working with a friend's moped shop.

Re: Scored a cool project! PICS INSIDE!

Thinking about re-covering the seat and ride it for the summer. Might go custom with it since I have to re-paint the shields anyway.

With the way gas prices are going I think that is a great project! Get it fixed up and on the road before it hits $5 / gallon.

Eclipse said:
That's really cute. That's what I need to commute this summer. How fast do they go?

Goes about 35-40MPH so they are great for around town or cruising back roads. I've already got it running, just needed a carb cleaning and some fresh gas. Filled the tank for about $5. Around 100MPG. I'm thinking of painting the shields flat black and doing some red and white pinstripes then sticker bomb it with RRB, Von Dutch, Jimmy Shine, and such stickers. :mrgreen:

Well I was bored and was getting sick of the duct tape seat on my Razz so I decided to do something about it, I had a broken folding chair that I pulled the fabric from before scrapping the rest (Gives me an excuse to go look for bikes at the scrapyard) and I finally figured out what to do with it. It has a nice rubberized backing so it will be waterproof and a Realtree Camo print on top so this was perfect for a custom upholstered seat. Thinking of painting the body panels a flat green and make it a hunter's special. Maybe a small gun rack with a black outline of a gun painted on.
Not really a before pic I just laid what was left of the original over it to show the orientation of the seat.
PC290175.jpg

After
PC290180.jpg

I drilled some small holes through the plastic seat pan about every inch so I could use some leather shoe lace to do this:
PC290183.jpg

PC290178.jpg

All done!
PC290184.jpg

It's too dark right now or I'd get some pics of it back on the scooter. I will do that in the morning.

Re: Scored a cool project! Seat done!

Sweet seat! :mrgreen: Gonna paint it camo? 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Sweet seat! :mrgreen: Gonna paint it camo? 8)
Thinking about it. Might do an army theme with it. Just something to be different. Also found out why the turn signals were glued in, the front shield was broken and my other one had broken headlight mounts so a little trimming and a few zip ties and I spliced the two together. Not pretty but it works and once it's painted it won't look too bad. It's a Rat Rod!

PC290185.jpg

PC290186.jpg

PC290187.jpg

PC290188.jpg

KJV said:
dig the seat cover. the cycle looks good black.
Black? It's dark blue, I don't want to paint it black because that is the classic "Stolen" color around here and not having keys it already looks stolen. (Keys were lost but I know it's not stolen) I'm actually thinking Olive drab would be cool. Or maybe just cover it in a camo duct tape. Maybe digital camo? My mind is racing with ideas. Also need to find a racoon's tail to hang off the back rack.

black.blue, its all the same ,in a beating.
in these parts,"covered in blood" is the stolen color.
duck tape is a good idea; mix it up with different patterns.

KJV said:
black.blue, its all the same ,in a beating.
in these parts,"covered in blood" is the stolen color.
duck tape is a good idea; mix it up with different patterns.

Now you got me thinking.

Latest posts

Back