Re-imagined Relic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I bought this Electra Deluxe Relic new, and had kept it relatively stock (very rare for me!) for several years. In fact, it's hardly even been ridden in all the time I've had it, collecting dust in the storage room.
I suddenly got the itch to do something different with it recently, and immediately pictured in my head exactly what I wanted to do. Oddly enough, other than the vintage Schwinn air-cushion grips and Schwalbe creme Fat Franks (that really matched the cream-coloured stock wheels), it was done almost entirely using Electra parts: their truss rod, mini-ape bars, Cruiser saddle and mini bell, and of course, the fenders were removed.
So, while not exactly a ground-up build, I think it turned out pretty cool, and after taking it on an extended "maiden voyage" the other day at a local regional park, I can say that it's a great cruiser.
Here's what it looked like shortly after I got it. (I think the add-ons at this point were just the saddle bag!) :

And now:

:D

Hi there, what a great job on re-doing your ride. keep up the good vibes and inspiring people like me to build a magnificent ride like yours.

Wow, thanks, guys. I appreciate the kind words!

Latest posts

Back