Ratty Silver King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I finally scored a Silver King frame for pretty cheap. I decided to build it up with parts I had laying around instead of working on my Build-Off bike :roll: This will be my new commuter, it rides GREAT. :mrgreen: I still need to get the two-speed up and running, but I couldn't wait to share it. Hope you guys like it!

Nothing like vintage tires! :wink:

Also, I want a badge for this puppy if anyone has one laying around. And the Brooks is busted.....right after this I duct taped it :lol: Anybody have one to part with?

WOW!!! Very nice distraction!!!
Super Score!!!!

Looks great! The tire is awful close to the seatstay, maybe an extra link in the chain would help?

That bike is beautiful 8) ....real nice use of parts...love those Firestones!

Wildcat said:
Looks great! The tire is awful close to the seatstay, maybe an extra link in the chain would help?

Unfortunately the frame is jacked. I have to run it to one side to get the sprockets to line up :oops: Guess that's why it was cheap! :lol:

bean said:
Dish the rim? Shim the front sprocket?

Neither. The frame was broken and repaired long ago, but they neglected to line up the dropouts properly :|

I am seriously contemplating cutting it, aligning it, and re-welding it

Awesome ride, I've always wanted a Silver King.
Kenny

Latest posts

Back