Ratted out Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
What do you do when you have your son over and think he needs a bike to ride.

So you and your son build a ratted out Huffy... :mrgreen:
Build%20it.jpg

Here is what it's got:
70's era Huffy frame
26" Front wheel with 26 x 1.90" tire
20" Rear wheel
Cruiser style handle bars
40T front sprocket
?T rear sprocket (did bother to count it because it works good)

New%20Ride%201.jpg

New%20Ride%202.jpg

Test%20ride%201.jpg

His first test ride on it..

Test%20ride%202.jpg

I dig it and it looks like he enjoys it which is the main success criteria.

Dang that is almost the same thing I am building right now same frame OCC front end and I am widing the rear stays to mount the 20x4 1/4 rear wheel.

Dang that is almost the same thing I am building right now same frame OCC front end and I am widing the rear stays to mount the 20x4 1/4 rear wheel.
Thought about putting a 20" x 4 1/4" on the back but choose not to at this time. Maybe down the road I will. I'm also thinking about putting a 5 speed gear cluster on it too, but for now it will be a single speed, with a disc brake in the rear.

Love that brake mount! Those things can be so fiddly to make, seriously considering just getting a whole heap laser cut...

Luke.
Hey Luke you wouldn't believe how thick that thing is. It is at least a good 3/16" (4.76mm) thick and has a slight bending jog in the plate.

Hey Luke you wouldn't believe how thick that thing is. It is at least a good 3/16" (4.76mm) thick and has a slight bending jog in the plate.
Yeah, I would believe it!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back