BO15 RaTs GaSs...Great year all!...pg 26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is sweet! Also learned something new about the stained glass. Thanks!

And that kickstand... youre bike is on its own feet!
Please don't kick the competition with it :grin:

I'll stop the jokes now, love that gasser build!

That light came out great!

Look'n good OJ!

I have to admit that the first mock up that you posted showing the fork/fender/wheel set up on the bike really looked off to me. But when I remembered that it is a gasser it made sense. I'm thinking that without the gasser reference most people won't get it.

I'm guessing that you have another ace up your sleeve though! :wink1:

Last edited:
I know what's missing on the gasser moon tank. It needs a filler cap. Since it's a beer can, maybe use a beer bottle cap. If it needs more size, then you can use gear from a cassette.

1589983801290.png

I know what's missing on the gasser moon tank. It needs a filler cap. Since it's a beer can, maybe use a beer bottle cap. If it needs more size, then you can use gear from a cassette.

View attachment 121563

Yes! I am planning on a filler cap for sure. Haven't quite got it down to what yet. But a beer bottle cap might do it. :thumbsup:

Look'n good OJ!

I have to admit that the first mock up that you posted showing the fork/fender/wheel set up on the bike really looked off to me. But when I remembered that it is a gasser it made sense. I'm thinking that without the gasser reference most people won't get it.

I'm guessing that you have another ace up your sleeve though! :wink1:

You know me too well, TRM! :wink1:

Diggin the jazzy light idea daddy-o

1589995630427.png

Love the ideologues, OJ. You have a calming voice that works well with "how to" videos. I'm looking forward to seeing how that acrylic vinyl paint works on your seat. I saw it somewhere and was wondering if it would work well on a bike seat.

Been keeping busy out there, back 40 looks a little crowded.
Yeah, I gotta thin the herd a bit. Helen Wheels is for my grand-niece in about 4 years. Got a buyer for Hawth- Rod. '91 Fisher Montare mtb needs a new home.

Love the ideologues, OJ. You have a calming voice that works well with "how to" videos. I'm looking forward to seeing how that acrylic vinyl paint works on your seat. I saw it somewhere and was wondering if it would work well on a bike seat.

I use the 100% acrylic. It works well. And for the 'vintage' look, it does gradually wear off and gives it a nice aged look.

When I was a kid, I would lay in bed at night in our attic bedroom out on the farm, and listen to the stereo counsel with those big built in 2-way speakers and practise being a late night DJ.

RaTs GaSs build Day #21

Gettin' down in the details...
I did a preview of my idea for the rear tail light in my most recent Videologue #5 further up this page 9. Today I was able to finish it off. I ended up not going with the first 'modern' reflector as the lens. Instead, I found a bangle on an old mud flap from my neighbors bicycle that I turned into "Four-gone Conclusion" in an MBBO build off couple years back. This red lens is a doozy!

20200521_181900.jpg

As I was looking at it, and enjoying a happy hour 'beverage' in the BACK40, something spoke right out loud, it was the ale talking.
"You need a shroud around that lens. Look at the bottom of my can. See ?

Sure enough, if I trim out the inside ring, and then cut the bottom rim off the can, it will fit right around that lens.

20200521_190429.jpg
20200521_191300.jpg

Another project today was inspired by my brother and inspirational director, Kingfish. He suggested a fuel cap for the MOON eyes Hamm's beer keg can / faux gas can. His suggestion was to use a bottle cap, as it is shaped like a cap with ridges to grip when twisting off. Of course I didn't have any laying around, so I had to empty a bottle. I like it @kingfish254 !

20200521_173642.jpg

The third thing I accomplished today was to paint the white saddle. @GuitarlCarl once said,
" Real men don't ride white saddles" (or something like that) during our Fall Muscle Bike BO. That's when I used some black Flex Seal spray paint to paint my saddle on RaTsberry Buffet.

20200521_161218.jpg

I finished off the black with a couple coats of clear, and it is shiny as the day I did it back in late October / early Nov. So I figured, let's go! I did it again with RaTs GaSs rear end support system.

100087513_997653820632436_6991561327382626304_n.jpg
20200521_190535.jpg
20200521_190524.jpg

I forgot to mention, I ditched the 'push light' style idea for the rear tail light. As I was eye balling the size of the trumpet mute, I remembered I had a second remote control LED light just like the one I used in the head light. It took some doing, as I had to splice and dice the two pieces of the mute, but in the end it turned out as good as I could have expected.

Now I have one control, that works for head and tail light.
20200521_191446.jpg

Off.....
20200521_191534.jpg

On...
20200521_191524.jpg

20200521_195318.jpg
20200521_195450.jpg
20200521_191227.jpg

Definitely use a clear over the flex seal. It likes to stay tacky otherwise. But the texture of it is like a faux leather look, really durable too!

Latest posts

Back