BO15 RaTs GaSs...Great year all!...pg 26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RaTs GaSs Day #4

So, according to the tracking, my triple tree fork should be here tomorrow. While I wait like a kid on Christmas Eve day, I got into a project for one of my 'add ons' , gee gaws as some of my Southern friends refer to them.

In my dreaming / research stages of my R.G. build, I learned that the gasser had that small, 2 gal max tank bolted on the front of the car in order to lighten the car, and have just enough fuel to get down the track. I thought that tank was really a unique part of the gasser look, so I went about finding a 'close to scale' version for the build.

From my early beer drinking days, around age 13 or so, I remembered our iconic local brewery brand Hamm's, had a barrel shaped can for a short time. Sure enough, I found a few on the 'bay. I had it shipped to me in Feb in AZ, and hauled it home with a few other goodies back to it's place of origin; St Paul, MN.

Today I primed it, and sprayed it with a metallic color out by the paint stump in the BACK40.

Rat Fink approves! And ol' O.J. is pretty pleased too.

View attachment 119039View attachment 119040View attachment 119038View attachment 119041View attachment 119042

From the land of sky-blue waters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank turned out great

So, we know what is becoming of the vintage Hamm's can.
20200505_142052.jpg

What do you think the Fink has planned for the souvenir Park Tool cup?

20200505_142106.jpg

Correct guessers will be put in a hat and one name will be drawn to get one of these mailed to them straight out of the BACK40 ! Go!

Last edited:
Gasser velocity stack or Header exhaust tip (also pictured)

1588771543602.png

Latest posts

Back