BO15 RaTs GaSs...Great year all!...pg 26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Psychographic , thanks ( I think? :21: ) for your kudos. Seriously, an 8.5 from a real custom paint guy, what more could I ask for? :grin:

And, yes, a nice big logo / background to place sponsor logos etc on would def spruce up that panel area. I like your idea.

Got a couple decal / logo ideas in the works, probably won't see the results for a few days. Right now I'm enjoying the paint being on and hopefully get out for a couple rides in this glorious sunshine we've been waiting all week for!

Nice work OJ. That looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Soul-G ~! I'm very pleased. Parked it out on the deck of the BACK40 this morning, I smile when ever I look at it.
100946647_1201477290196912_8331825878057091072_n.jpg

RaTs GaSs build Day 31

This day is a new milestone for yrstruelee. I usually have my RRB build off bike completed in 30 days. But then again, these 'days' we are in now aren't 'usual'.

I am working on some graphics and a couple more details for RG, should have more updates within the week. But since I was backsliding into 'page 2 slacker' status, I bring you this from the '60s and '70s:
100982347_917845765399445_8397946019110715392_n.jpg

As I was buying my latest cadre of Dupli-Color paint, I spotted this in the 'impulse buy' rack at the cash out. Other than the Fruit Stripe zebra kicking a soccer ball (unheard of in my day) I eagerly anticipated the soft, chewy, flavor-filled goodness of Fruit Stripe gum.

Could it be that the 'Fruit Stripe gum lost it's flavor on the bedpost' over the last 50 yrs?
I was decidedly disappointed. No flavor, no rich dark stripes on the gum, and both pieces (one green and one orange) tasted exactly the same.

Oh well.

I did however, recently have success with another throwback gum that has retained it's licorice lusciousness.
101407870_700565827444880_1581812171371708416_n.jpg

May the 5 and Dime be with you.

They didn't have zebras back then?

:grin:
I believe they used a zebra as their "spokesperson" back in the day, but in '60's/early '70's America, nobody, not even cartoon zebras played soccer. LOL we had a bit of it in high-school gym class around 1980.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Great match between the glass and the frame.

Aw, Black Jack gum the best, only thing better might be licorice twists. Nice gasser also.

Aw, Black Jack gum the best, only thing better might be licorice twists. Nice gasser also.
If you are a black licorice lover, look for these in your local dollar stores. Awesome flavor!
91YpDtD9R6L._SX425_.jpg

Had to look a page back OJ, but that paint job looks killer!! Nicely done!
I guess the back40 isn't as dusty as I have thought :rofl:
And the stained glass matches the colour perfectly!

Is that a Nexus 3 you have on the back?
Yep, Nexus 3 speed. It seems to have about the right gearing. Fairly hilly around my house, and I can still stand up and pedal this relatively easily if need be.

Had to look a page back OJ, but that paint job looks killer!! Nicely done!
I guess the back40 isn't as dusty as I have thought :rofl:
And the stained glass matches the colour perfectly!

Our back forty is pretty lush. A lot of 'green' if you know what I mean!

I'm happy with the paint. The stained glass match worked out well, too. That is easier to control, as you just add more coats to deepen the amount of color.

I've been hooked on these goodies from the oldest candy brand in the US.

1591104018929.png

Latest posts

Back