RRBBO13 Ratillac.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote cream / blue or a combo of the two. My eye goes straight to that guard; and that's hard to believe with that frame, but it does in the present color.

I'll definitely paint it.
Just collecting thoughts on the overall look.
Will get it painted Wednesday.

I'm not sure the guard will ever totally work with that kit.

It matches the style well, but ultimately breaks up the flow of the body kit. This is because the straight lines of the guard, particularly the top edge, clash with the smooth arc of the body.

It also disrupts the wave shaped negative space created by the leading edge of the body and the back edge of the fender. The frame, for example, enhances that negative space by following similar lines.

You may have more pleasing results with a round chain guard that attaches only to the sprocket. Or some other mostly curved guard that fits entirely within the space.

2c + intrest

Does black and white help?
b3fdf2426d5f51ed9689a0148d63fec2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto. The straight lines don't work. The was a mention of a disc style guard, might be fun to use a found object there...

Carl.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using temporal shifting...

This bike is wild I can just imagine the looks you would get cruising classic car showed with it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back