RRBBO13 Ratillac.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking super slick!!!!
Is the bomb the same base creme color? Have you thought about making it's base color something different (maybe a little silver) so that it looks more separated from the body and not like it is part of the body? Just an idea.
Love it man, just the right patina touches but still keeping it classy as dangit!
Actually no.
The bomb was left in the white primer, then given the rusty treatment.
I was going to paint it grey and sand through to expose the "rust", but I like it as is.

Off the stand.
20180714_154044.jpg

So I don't have great graphics tools at my disposal, but if you could get a fork with a little more 'rake' to it, which would set the axle out front more; that would effectively drop the tail of the front 'fender' piece and also move it forward a bit to clear your pedal.

And, if you used a 700c or 29er length fork, it would bring your front end up a bit, for a 'tail draggin' caddy' effect....:cool:

Yellow lines show my idea...
falstaff caddy.jpg

I don't mind the fender, I keep the pedals up in a turn.
And if I got rid of the 26 rear fender and made a bracket to hold the body, it would drop a couple inches.

Aged sister to this beauty

1949-delahaye-175-s-saoutchik-roadster-2.jpg

There's more than just a headlight going up front.

Grille??? Head ornament??? Looking forward to seeing what tricks you have in mind.

Maybe Bumper Bullets?

tumblr_nkjmzsHS7r1tydta1o1_500.jpg

Wrapped around hood emblem from the same pic I just posted?????

Really nice work Falstaff, thanks for the tutorial on distressed paint technique.

I'm guessing the headlight may be an 'inside' job?:39:
No, it actually fits in from the outside.
The bezel is conical, then held in place with a screw.

Latest posts

Back