Rat Salad - 7/26 - Done! Complete! Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rat Salad - 7/24 - ready for assembly

Love the paint!
Love the frame!
Let's see it all together now!!!

Re: Rat Salad - 7/24 - ready for assembly

That's a real nice green! 8)

Re: Rat Salad - 7/24 - not done but assembled

Still needs the shift cable run and a few small adjustments, but here she is. Need headbadge screws, cable clamps and a cable stop, small parts where the cable connects to the actuator, etc

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0010-2.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

Re: Rat Salad - 7/24 - not done but assembled

Now we can really appreciate that cool frame again!!!

Re: Rat Salad - 7/24 - Done! Complete! Finished!

streetpirate said:
Starting with a ~'59-'60 Hawthorne Hercules I found living behind some guys house with 3000 other bikes last summer.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=46363

more info on the bike http://threespeedbicycles.com/Hercules_ ... ycles.html

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

I will be taking more pics, I missed my window of good lighting by 20 minutes. The location looks like it will work out though.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0036-2.jpg

Let There Be Rock!!!
AC/DC - Let there be rock - 1977
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98I85ceICRM

That's what I like about all this....that bike was doomed and now you brought it back to a killer looking sweet ride. I would SO ride that bike. Great job! :D

Peatbog said:
This picture right here is really good. It shows the curves of the frame, the cool color, the shiny stuff--man, that is a really good picture of your bike. I thought your bike was cool before; this picture shows just how cool it is.

DSC_0020.jpg
Neat curves in frame and nice build, I like the moss patina on the original, guess the green retains the look. Bike looks mighty fine.

Let there be Rock!! This bike rocks indeed! That green is killer!

We are all GREEN with envy!!!
Sweet ride!!!

Awesome build! I was directed here by Kingfish. I just recently acquired a frame like this. Yours looks awesome as a SS! Great job on the paint!

Latest posts

Back