RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@deven_science , I've been using cheap tubes of Super Glue I got at Home Depot. 4 tubes for like $1.99. A little bit goes a long way, very strong, and works on painted plastic.
BaSh oN~!

Have fun guys I'm out.
It's just not a friendly site anymore,
and I'm tired of going thru the motions.

Hope that you sit back, take a break, relax, go on a few rides, and return brother!

Last edited:
PVC glue might work, but I'd test it on cut off plastic first.
Try the gorilla super glue. I use it on my 1/18 cars. The blue top one. Also try the yellow one it has a brush with it. Good luck

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Mini-Studebaker Quad

Chopped up the Studebaker model to match how I cut up the full-scale version. Not sure how I'll be attaching the pieces together? Maybe JB Weld.
View attachment 139993
View attachment 139994
If that's an old acetate promo body, you can use a brush to apply acetone (lightly) to the seams, and it should melt/weld the panels together, similar to how styrene cement (I think it's MEK-based) works on... styrene.

If that's an old acetate promo body, you can use a brush to apply acetone (lightly) to the seams, and it should melt/weld the panels together, similar to how styrene cement (I think it's MEK-based) works on... styrene.
It is one of those old promo kits.

HELLO WRATTERS! MY CAR WILL BE HERE SATURDAY. THINKING OF A NAME FOR IT. HERE'S MY LATEST CUSTOM.
20200928_142523_HDR.jpg
CYMERA_20200929_131908.jpg

Is that a chopped and dropped mid 50" s Nomad @Jake Sensi ?
Yessir. It use to look like this. I have a shipment of 10 cars coming. About half will get "Jakedified". I can't wait for my model to come. I haven't done one in about 18 years. Whew.
CYMERA_20200908_120712.jpg

Rat / Rod Kit Bash BOOST update!
Into our third week now and just shouting out to see what everybody's been up to on their model builds lately.
@Jake Sensi is anxiously awaiting the arrival of his car kit! Anyone else out there with pending parts?
BaSh oN~!

:bigboss:
Rat / Rod Kit Bash BOOST update!
Into our third week now and just shouting out to see what everybody's been up to on their model builds lately.
@Jake Sensi is anxiously awaiting the arrival of his car kit! Anyone else out there with pending parts?
BaSh oN~!

I am waiting :
To be Home ;
To get back on it .,

My Red Skull and Snoopy arrived, but haven't had any time to play with it all yet.

Latest posts

Back