Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOW CAN WE START A "GREEN WITH ENVY SUB BUILD" COLUMN?!? ONLY GREEN BIKES.

Jake, great idea! I'll start the thread and please add any 'green' bikes I might have missed. I'll start it once the Voting Booth is open, so everyone that votes will see the thread.

Thinking of calling the award "The Envy" (ala Emmy, Grammy, etc). Maybe we can think of a good trophy / prize for the one that gets the most :
:D !!

So I'll have it up once the Voting Thread is posted, either later tonight, or very early tomorrow morning. Good idea brother! :thumbsup:

I've got an idea for the winner. I'll work on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Looks like the totals are
52 Finished Class 1 Builds (33 unfinished builds)
13 Finished Class 2 Builds (17 unfinished builds)

So we had 65 builds finish out of 115 total builds that started.
That is about normal. We usually get a completion rate of a little over 50%

In case you don't know. The Deadline passed 18 minutes ago and all of the Finished Threads are in a locked state to allow @Glen and I to do the final sorting and creation of the voting gallery, links, and voting poll pages. I doubt we will finish tonight, so expect the Voting Page to go live some time tomorrow.

This being my first completed build off I've been checking everyone's stuff daily during this surgery recovery. Can't wait to vote for someone that isn't myself

Lots of big front lights on this years bikes. Love those things. Can you purchase them or are they being built?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of big front lights on this years bikes. Love those things. Can you purchase them or are they being built?

I got mine from a farm equipment salvage yard. It’s a 6 inch diameter 50’s-60’s tractor headlight that I converted to battery powered LED
368fd8cdd4c7f3d07e61f92f5f40b82d.jpg

Yep ^ old tractor lights are plentiful and relatively cheap on ebay. I have used them a few times on builds. Usually I replace the guts and bulb with an LED light, battery operated.

Beer Boy Delivery
instagram BBD bridge.jpg

Old Manse Hawthorne

head3.jpg

heheh, just posted first.:forum:

Wasn't even planning to post until tomorrow night but couldn't resist being first with all of the talk about waiting up late etc etc.:D
I think I may hold the record for the longest running build off thread.:21:

I started my build thread just a couple of minutes in after randomly noticing that Steve opened the competition early. Then I had some major problems getting my finished thread started last night which caused me to slide in under the wire with only 5 minutes to spare.:eek:

Parkinson's Law strikes again!:rolleyes::bigsmile::43::chicken:

I think I may hold the record for the longest running build off thread.:21:

I started my build thread just a couple of minutes in after randomly noticing that Steve opened the competition early. Then I had some major problems getting my finished thread started last night which caused me to slide in under the wire with only 5 minutes to spare.:eek:

Parkinson's Law strikes again!:rolleyes::bigsmile::43::chicken:

Parkinson’s Law will get you every time! :rolleyes::confused::D

I got mine from a farm equipment salvage yard. It’s a 6 inch diameter 50’s-60’s tractor headlight that I converted to battery powered LED
368fd8cdd4c7f3d07e61f92f5f40b82d.jpg

That tractor could be some inspiration for a ‘muscle farm bike’

Ever the rebel I opted for a small light this year...
Actually the glass was a birthday gift so I used it with a smaller LED bike light.
TGS lite1.jpg
TGS lite4.jpg

Carl.

I got mine from ebay. These Unity brand lights come in a few sizes. Some were for tractors, other for cars, police cars, etc.

index.php

On last year's entry I used a cheap motorcycle driving light with a 6 volt replacement bulb. They come in pairs. The other one resides on another bike.
aae014bcf63c3165a7a3c5b76c4b573e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I got mine from ebay. These Unity brand lights come in a few sizes. Some were for tractors, other for cars, police cars, etc.
Unity lights have a bit of deco flair to them too. Last years build, Westfield Wasteland had a Unity spotlight on it with a cool knob on the back, so I used it as a flip up.
fini4.jpg

Carl.

Latest posts

Back