Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I'm very excited about my build this year, it will be pretty boring to follow compared to some of my previous builds. No ground breaking modifications, no re-engineering or anything unexpected to keep people guessing. So to make it more entertaining for me and everyone else I've decided to get creative with my journal to make things like cleaning bearings, lacing wheels and sanding more fun and palatable.

Instead of the usual photos and description of the work, it will be presented as a slow perusal of an old photo album. Just imagine if your grandfather worked on an old bike back in the 30s or 40s and made photos along the way!

index.php

All of this will add some work in the evenings playing with graphics on the computer, but I enjoy that work also. Besides, we have an extra month this year and I should be able to build this one quicker than past bikes.

Pretty good Day 1 kickoff in both classes. Interesting stuff out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I'm very excited about my build this year, it will be pretty boring to follow compared to some of my previous builds. No ground breaking modifications, no re-engineering or anything unexpected to keep people guessing. So to make it more entertaining for me and everyone else I've decided to get creative with my journal to make things like cleaning bearings, lacing wheels and sanding more fun and palatable.

Instead of the usual photos and description of the work, it will be presented as a slow perusal of an old photo album. Just imagine if your grandfather worked on an old bike back in the 30s or 40s and made photos along the way!

index.php

All of this will add some work in the evenings playing with graphics on the computer, but I enjoy that work also. Besides, we have an extra month this year and I should be able to build this one quicker than past bikes.
I will be using an old lady Elgin my self . I'm going to keep a eye on your build for sure.

index.php

Well, I should have tested this idea before declairing what my intentions where.:chicken:
After spending this evening with the first round of photos it became glaringly obvious to me that this idea would take far too much time and energy than I am willing to spend for the next four months!:13:

I believe I'll just keep the idea in my back pocket for the finished thread at the end of the build.:whew:

Now back to building and posting as usual!:bigsmile:

Well, I should have tested this idea before declairing what my intentions where.:chicken:
After spending this evening with the first round of photos it became glaringly obvious to me that this idea would take far too much time and energy than I am willing to spend for the next four months!:13:

I believe I'll just keep the idea in my back pocket for the finished thread at the end of the build.:whew:

Now back to building and posting as usual!:bigsmile:

Good news. I was totally lamenting the absence of the corrugated wall shots.

It's 34F out and it's going to be below freezing again tonight. The snow banks won't melt when it stays cloudy and stays cool during the day and goes below freezing at night. Yesterday morning we got 4 inches of snow. My friend sent me an email and was wondering when winter was going to end. My thought is to bring my hoops, hubs, nipples and spokes inside and lace my wheels by the fire. I can do a little outside in the shop but my feet and hands get cold after about a half hour.

It's 34F out and it's going to be below freezing again tonight. The snow banks won't melt when it stays cloudy and stays cool during the day and goes below freezing at night. Yesterday morning we got 4 inches of snow. My friend sent me an email and was wondering when winter was going to end. My thought is to bring my hoops, hubs, nipples and spokes inside and lace my wheels by the fire. I can do a little outside in the shop but my feet and hands get cold after about a half hour.
We are back in the high 80's ,so we get a early start or sweat to death .

You'll have some nice weather shortly and we'll be suffering in the south. It's already too hot to work in the garage in the afternoon/evening. The mosquitoes are out too.

Thicker than normal down here in the low country

Ah crap, my basement flooded Apr 30. Kinda knocks out my available time for the next 2 months. No build off for me.
Ill keep going on leaf spring springer fork in the build thread area.

Latest posts

Back