Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 14 DISCUSSION' started by MazdaFlyer, Jan 27, 2019.

1. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Final parts I was waiting on arrived!

IMG_20190430_142251116.jpg

2. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

RustyGold, KJV, MazdaFlyer and 2 others like this.
  3. HuffnPuff

HuffnPuff

Rats! I’d forgotten the time zone rule. I have the day off tomorrow. Guess the garage is getting a proper clean before I start then!

4. G-Matt

G-Matt

I may be late to this thread but not late to the party . I’m in again for another year .
    Took a long break from the building bikes f/b the forum and all that goes with it last years build off was finished . Felt like I had a major bike build hang over . I love building riding & talking bikes . But was burnt out and didn’t want to loose the love for bikes . Not to mention I started a new job last year . Very time consuming & a bit stress full .
    Went from being self employed for 11 years to going back to work for someone BIG CHANGE .
    Building custom homes is a demanding job. .
    Now it’s time to blow off some steam and relieve some stress . Time to get back at it and build another cool bike .
    Looking forward to another year with you all
    On my 5th annual build off .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    RustyGold, idiotboy, KJV and 5 others like this.
  5. OddJob

OddJob

G, good to hear you are back! You and I got our start the same year with the annual summer build-offs. Looking forward to seeing 'what's cooking' with your build this summer! RaT oN~!

RustyGold, LukeTheJoker and G-Matt like this.
  6. Uncle Shish

Uncle Shish

I've been wanting to mention the FB version of RRB and how it is the polar opposite of all the good things we have going on here.
    I find it very disheartening that folks get attacked for anything from asking viable questions to trying to sell something.
    I took a whole thread down because of the comments on a useful tool I had made to spread the rear dropouts to accommodate multi-geared rims in vintage frames from parts that any bike builder woulds have on hand.
    I think that facebook very well may be a poison to society and an end to decency and discourse. People don't treat each other like that face to face.
    I'm not knocking the moderators, as I am sure it's not very fun and very time consuming to babysit, but there is a list of rules on the FB RRB page that are not being followed by a handful. I think it could use some weeding out.

7. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster) Pro Member

@Uncle Shish , I believe future historians will have plenty to study about this period in time that we are in concerning social media. It is taking the world into uncharted territory at an alarming speed for both good and bad!

8. The Renaissance Man

Looks like I'll be off to a slow start. Just starting a sign commission that will be taking up most of my time for the next couple of weeks. Perfect timing. :(

Dr. Tankenstein and G-Matt like this.
  9. David Cooksey

David Cooksey

Phhha I am going self employed, starting from the 1st of May!! Today's my last day working for someone else!
    Question is, can I stay focused on my new work, or will I get distracted by the pile of parts in the corner of the workshop?

Yeah, I already know the answer lol

10. G-Matt

G-Matt

Self employment is a beautiful thing
    It gives you a Wide angle on your life . The problems you will have is . Being self motivated , not making money unless your actual working, and if your like me being easily distracted by other things in life . It’s not a easy road to hoe but it can be a rewarding one especially when it comes to making your own decisions and having freedom to do what you want .
    Best of luck .

11. Blackout

Blackout

Mods can I use the rims/tires and electric motor from last year? my build never got off the ground due to some unfortunate life circumstances, will be a different frame design ect. than last year, just the rims/tires/motor would be the same.

G-Matt likes this.
  12. OddJob

OddJob

Hopefully you are getting paid ("commission") so it will make your time worthwhile. That's what you get for knowing 'how to do stuff'. :21: People keep asking you to do it!

MazdaFlyer, G-Matt and David Cooksey like this.
  13. The Renaissance Man

Yes @OddJob , it's a paying job. Nothing over the top, just a meat and potatoes sign project.

OddJob and G-Matt like this.
  14. MazdaFlyer

MazdaFlyer

Sounds somewhat like retirement, I don’t know I managed to do everything I did while I was still working.

G-Matt likes this.
  15. MazdaFlyer

MazdaFlyer

Back to the BBQ posts previously made. I ran across this portable grill bike. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    OddJob and G-Matt like this.
  16. SwissGuy

SwissGuy

It reminds me of a posting in another forum about a guy selling grilled sausages from the back of a rolling trike to the participants of a critical mass! :)
    When I find it, I''ll post the picture...

Gesendet von meinem K00Y mit Tapatalk

Uncle Shish and MazdaFlyer like this.
  17. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

We are having trouble keeping up with the posts, please if you see something report it to an admin, we boot people all the time.

Uncle Shish and G-Matt like this.
  18. SwissGuy

SwissGuy

Found it on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cm_hh/status/1035587736776921091?lang=de

RustyGold, G-Matt and MazdaFlyer like this.
  19. SwissGuy

SwissGuy

As useful as FB might be sometimes; these are (some of) the reasons I deleted my account years ago!

LukeTheJoker and Uncle Shish like this.
  20. Uncle Shish

Uncle Shish

Good to know ... I reported my first one ever last night. A guy was asking advice on putting an engine kit on a bicycle and was told to get the F out and go somewhere else ... I knew who I wanted out and it wasn't the person asking questions.

Keep up the good work and I'll help where I can!

LukeTheJoker, RustyGold and Chad T like this.