Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do I spy the beginnings of a jig with those BB cups? Certainly looks like custom forks are coming!
Jig, yes. Custom fork, no.
The steerer tube will be part of the jig.:)

f54812117b5fc18127aa5b85ad437e6e.jpg
a93c3a0c8e089859f862cdad11b7c1ed.jpg

I have a couple of project bikes, parts, ideas, supplies, spare time and a new shirt.
Eight days and a few hours...8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just in... Tom Slick is concerned. Gerty Growler's Garage is swamped. There's no room to begin the rebuild of the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper, with only 8 days till the start what will all around nice guy Tom do? What will Gerty do and where's Marigold? Hang on folks, when it comes to Build Offs, you know there's no such word as fail...

Merle.

e7136c05b796c4ccd5c771b1a18959c1.jpg

514b0dfab1bf1d991cd8b3606abc59bf.jpg

Going to look for these tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really gettin' jiggy here. So looks like the small holes on the ends of this are going to attach to some sort of fixture do-hickey ma-bob.

Can't wait. Looking really interesting.
That is my take too! Looking forward to seeing the jig take shape!
e7136c05b796c4ccd5c771b1a18959c1.jpg

514b0dfab1bf1d991cd8b3606abc59bf.jpg

Going to look for these tools.
I admit, I have no idea what you are planning... :crazy2: Is that a sheet metal seam crimping tool? :39:

Gathered some more parts, bring on May 1st!
Need lots of curves for the design in my head, this is an easy way to get them.

By the way, I only cut up low end drop bars for the curves, anything decent quality, manufacturer stamped, CroMo, oversized or alloy gets saved, so don't stress...

IMG_20190424_150505158.jpg

I was half thinking about cutting them down to the exact angles I need for each piece, but figured that was crossing the line from parts gathering to building...

Getting hard to find distractions so I don't start building! o_O

Need to build a notching jig, might start on that...
Hard to know exactly how to make it without having the parts made in my hands, ready to notch, but I can get it close and modify it when the time comes I guess.

Really gettin' jiggy here. So looks like the small holes on the ends of this are going to attach to some sort of fixture do-hickey ma-bob.
Exactly!

Steerer tube jig 2.jpg

Still have one more part of the jig to fabricate this week and I'll be ready to hit the ground running on day one.:) This is a lot of prep for a job that should only take an hour or so.:43:

Latest posts

Back