Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the stock forks have to be from the same frame?

Carl.
Fork swaps are all fine provided they don't require major surgery to the frame to get them to fit.
Some have trimmed a 1/4" or so from a headtube to get the right length for different forks to fit and that has been fine in Class 1, but cutting out a headtube and welding in a different one would definitely mean a Class 2 build.

Here are the rules for RRB Build Off #14.
9. Please be courteous to others and do not fill their build journals with off-topic posts. If it continues after a moderator warning, your account will be nuked.
So no fuzzy hopping creatures and no return of this little guy?

jawdrop.jpg

I added...

Adding bolt on stuff/fiberglass/aluminium foil/cling wrap/toilet paper/old vacuum cleaner parts/shower heads/playing cards/perspex etc. is all good in Class 1, and in fact most of them have been done in the past.

;)

An old Electrolux vacuum would make a cool tank....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's almost like you have my drawings in front of you....have I been hacked?

And yes, I'm in.
An old Electrolux vacuum would make a cool tank....
:21:
I think someone was going to do that, or make a rack or something out of one at one point, but from memory it didn't end up happening, yet!

:21:
I think someone was going to do that, or make a rack or something out of one at one point, but from memory it didn't end up happening, yet!
I’ve seen a local bike with a vacuum cleaner used as a tank...it has happened in ICT land. Always room for another approach. I doubt the idea was patented.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1f93f700f275425acefde0a413989ccc.jpg

Not my bike but here’s some bolt on inspiration.

Our dogs are ready for some shop time.
881474a0fcd6b28b273b29ecd9251b8d.jpg

Lets hear some more comments or ideas. I’m anxious to get started on something.
Looks like we’re down to 20 days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm debating between using the original fenders, a bobbed Cranbrook rear fender and no front one, or just no fenders. Thinking of going rat rod or old hot rod and fenderless for the build off and trying to fit the fenders back on later.

I'm debating between using the original fenders, a bobbed Cranbrook rear fender and no front one, or just no fenders. Thinking of going rat rod or old hot rod and fenderless for the build off and trying to fit the fenders back on later.

Funny, I'm focused on fenders also.

My main reason for entering the build off is to build a bike using the new TRM Mullet Fenders that I've started selling. :bigsmile:
100_6276.JPG

Latest posts

Back