Rat Rocket!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
0064.jpg

OK...I'm in!!! Old rusty Monark Rocket. It was yard-art at a guy down the streets house. He knew I was interested so he gave it to me! Forks are shot, guard is gone, rims are wasted and seat and bars are way GONE!! So pretty much just the frame will be used.Idon't know if I'll get good enough weather to paint or not but we'll see what happens! Good luck to all and let the games begin!!

heavy metal???

100_0311.jpg

Guitar strap cut into strips. Points cut in ends and a hole punched through both ends. Add "heavy Metal" stud and BAM...Hub shiners!
100_0308.jpg

100_0316.jpg

Can't use the tank w/the springer...need to cut the steer tube down a little...the only paint left on the frame is where the tank was..!! Now a guard,seat and bars and?????

100_0334.jpg
100_0333.jpg

made a spacer for the rear fender out of brake parts. puts it a little tighter to the tire.

brass things...

100_0335.jpg

found some brass threaded end caps for who-knows-what and they fit the axle...kinda cool.

i love bikes that have more surface rust on them than paint like that. cool find and i dig the little detail parts like the brass end covers.

...tinkered around with a banana seat the other day then got froze out of the garage.[/img]
100_0321.jpg

moved into the basement/jam room and tried out the original rear fender, an old 9 hole rack, and a different front fender I tried to make match (finishwise, and it's pretty close!)and threw the tank back on. Mounted a '60's Schwinn headlight thats gonna get the L E D upgrade and an OLD Klaxxon type horn. Put a whitewall on the front but the matching one on the rear looked too small after seeing it with the Firestone High Speed on it for all this time so I kept that.[/img]
100_0343.jpg

100_0344.jpg

...still not too sure where this is going...but I'm enjoyin' the ride!!

Latest posts

Back