Rat Fink got a motor!!Finished"Now with VIDEO"and Disc Brake

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rat Fink got a motor!!Getting Closer!

Thanks Red_Baron! Progress has been slow the Flu has taken me out for the last 5 days :roll:

Re: Rat Fink got a motor!!Getting Closer!

I got some painting done and the motor and mount finished,with any luck it should be about done tonight!!!! 8) :mrgreen:
scootermotor13.jpg
scooterfendercut8.jpg
scootermotor15.jpg

Re: Rat Fink got a motor!!Finished check it out!

Here it is Fellas,im so glad I decided to redo this thing!!! Im stoked on how it turned out and its alot faster then anyone should go on a scooter!
scooterdone5.jpg
scooterdone4.jpg
scooterdone3.jpg
scooterdone2jpg.jpg
scooterdone.jpg
camera-Black20-1.jpg
camera-Black21-1.jpg
camera-Black19.jpg

Man Im really diggin this thing its a ton of FUN to ride!!!!Heres pics of the tensioner i threw together,I still want to put a skateboard wheel on it but this is what I had laying around,and it functions perfectly!Video soon to come 8) :mrgreen:
scootertensioner2.jpg
scootertensioner.jpg

Hey how about a video of it in action. That’s the first thing I thought when I saw the post, that looks like it would be a blast . Gets my vote for best of something different! 8) Great build

Video Coming Soon!! 8) :mrgreen:

I’ve got beer and popcorn ready for the premier :lol:

It always seems to rain when im itchin to ride. :roll: Oh well so I color matched the tensioner wheel and changed the leaky petcock to a brass nipple.Its ready to roll when the rain stops!
scootertensioner4.jpg
scootertank4.jpg

Ok what about a brass fuel line and a sediment filter with a glass bowl. Routed just so with a few nice brackets. That would give her just a touch of Steampunk. You know just like that nice finish of hops in a hand crafted brew subtle but refreshing.
Hey it’s a thought :D

Good Idea! I was thinkin about copper lines but brass would be cool! 8) :mrgreen:

Hey Fatboy. Nice imagination....Skilz to back it up. NICE!

KOTA said:
Hey Fatboy. Nice imagination....Skilz to back it up. NICE!
Thanks KOTA!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Heres a little video,When I get more room to ride ill put up a better one :wink:

Re: Rat Fink got a motor!!Finished "Now with VIDEO"

I wana ride it next Can I? Can I? Well thats what I wuld be saying if I was there! Awsome Thanks for sharing 8) :lol:

kcjim78 said:
I wana ride it next Can I? Can I? Well thats what I wuld be saying if I was there! Awsome Thanks for sharing 8) :lol:

If your ever in my neck of the woods your more than welcome to ride this Dude!! 8) :mrgreen:

2,503 mi, 1 day 16 hours California Dreaming :lol: Thanks you never know
FatBoy said:
kcjim78 said:

If your ever in my neck of the woods your more than welcome to ride this Dude!! 8) :mrgreen:

So today I decided to take the Scooter on its first long ride to a car show about 2 miles from the house.Everything was going just fine cruising alot faster then I thought got a few blocks away from the show when all of the sudden BANG!!!! I learned a lesson on how a master link can undo itself,Yep I lost the master link and had to walk back a block and find my chain :roll: So I called my wife to bring the truck got it loaded up and back to the house.I used my chain splitter and made the chain solid now with no master link and Ill try to ride it to the car show next saturday,good thing they have the car show every sat during summer!

I got the chain working good,I rode it for a couple hours with no problems.The only thing I could really use is better brakes.I wore out a set of pincher pads in just a couple hours,I was braking hard and and using them more than normal riding.So I picked a Avid disc set and a 26" MTB wheel,looks like all I need to do is fab a mounting tab for the caliper and it will be good to go! 8) :mrgreen:
scooterbrake.jpg
scooterbrake2.jpg

isaiah3g said:
That thing looks like a blast to ride! I have that skateboard in my house btw. ;)

Thanks,it is fun to ride! Your Roach is over the top!!! I really like the stuff you build!Im getting ready to make a mount so it can stop as good as it goes.
scooterbrake3.jpg

Latest posts

Back