Rat"el Snake Rust

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys im done,my first build off on RatRodBikes.sorry i dident take pics when i put the bike together cause i dropped my camera and it went Pop :x :x .anyway the bike turned out better than i thought every nut and bolt was stripped and rusted out the only thing that hasent been done is the rubber on the pedals :D :D .i removed the seat pole and put a hole at the front of the seat so its lower and longer for me im 6ft so the longer the better.the seat and grips came out perfect thanks to a friend that dose custom cars.Iv still got to conect the light switch and thats about all.a good friend came over to take the pics.hope you injoy the bike.This was my first build but not my last iv got the bike bug big time.thanks for a great site.
IMG_3728.jpg
IMG_3734.jpg
IMG_3733.jpg
IMG_3731.jpg
IMG_3707.jpg
IMG_3709.jpg

This pic is a close up of the frame it started to bubble up on me the acid keeped on eating away so i had to spray saten clear all over the bike 3 times.
IMG_3716.jpg
IMG_3712.jpg
IMG_3711.jpg

You might want to consider a tetnus shot too. Im so used to seeing lowriders all chromed out. This is a totally different approach with one. Very Cool.

Great job, the finish came out pretty interesting. That bubbly kind of rust makes it look like it spent some time underwater. I especially like that seat!

Nice. The rust looks good with a clear coat over it. But i feel like you should have waited to let it get a little more naturally rusty looking. Maybe you could have stopped with acid with some kind of base solution. I've made some instant rust once with a mix of salt vinegar and bleach. It doesn't look like regular rust though, it more like a rust stain. Linseed oil instead of a clear coat might look pretty dope too.
The seat is perfect btw.

I just picked up a Bratz lookalike and was getting ready to clean the little rust off and I see your work of Art.
That is a Beauty and I agree with most of the earlier comments. Can you still ride it or is it locked up ?
Kustom seat or available somewhere? Again nice job.

Thanks 4 the coments guys i ride the bike as much as i can and love riding it,people stop and complement me every were i go but thay look twice then talk :D :D :D .Iwanted this lowrider 2 be differnt 1 guy thought it was made out of wood :lol: :lol: :lol:.I also did it so i can ride it with my girls.the seat is the same i just got it done by a good friend of mine thats a bite crazy.as for the rust i stop it were it is now cause i dident want it 2 look 2 brown i wanted the desert/industral look.as for the white pants i can wear them cause theres 3 coats of clear 8).Thanks again 4 the coments guys and ill try 2 put up some new shots as well.

Latest posts

Back