RALLY RAT! More Painting! Woo Hoo!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Salt Flat Rat Now RALLY RAT!

A buddy of mine has an ATV track in the back yard so I went over and tested the Huffy's track skills. It is awesome! Goes over anything and jumping it is a blast. This fork soaks it up like a biscuit soaks up some sausage gravy.

Chips_Mahoy said:
outskirtscustoms said:
This fork soaks it up like a biscuit soaks up some sausage gravy.

Then your gravy is way too thin!! :wink:
:lol:

You win for most unexpected frame!

kingfish254 said:
You win for most unexpected frame!
That's how I roll. You'll never see it coming. I have a few more plans for it but life is getting in the way so I will be working on it later.

Got a little more done today. First I removed the decals to reveal a nice red color where they used to lay. (Use decals as paint masks) Then I decided it needed something to spice it up. I went for a ride and noticed the rims were not quite true so I swapped them for some nice alloys.
P2030039.jpg

Trail Assault
P2030041.jpg

Decals gone. Gives it kinda an urban camo look
P2030043.jpg

Now for the fun part
P2030044.jpg

channeling my inner Von-Dutch I push forward
P2030045.jpg

P2030046.jpg

P2030048.jpg

Antiqued the derailleur for that rugged battle beaten look
P2030047.jpg

P2030049.jpg

Step back and take a look Ah my backyard bike stand
P2030048.jpg

P2030050.jpg

P2030051.jpg

P2030052.jpg

Added a few decals
P2030053.jpg

Also swapped out the bars to get the center of gravity down a bit lower. (And because I'm short)
P2030054.jpg

P2030055.jpg

It's a blast to ride. I've ridden a few trails and ran over a few concrete parking logs at the local park with it....didn't even feel it. This thing is a beast. :mrgreen: It's an Urban Assault Bicycle.

Just so I can get in on the whole "If you aren't building just post a bunny picture thing"
vw_rabbit_emblem.jpg

Watch out they jump!
OTR_07_D3_677.jpg

Well it's officially trail tested and passed with flying colors!
First I rode through Foster park and had to take a pic of this bike with my bike
Picture011.jpg

Then a few on the trail
Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

This is what I'm talking about! TRIALS!
Picture003.jpg

VIDEOS!

Re: Salt Flat Rat Now RALLY RAT! VIDEOS ON PAGE 3!!!

Peatbog said:
That bike looks like fun. The "camo" red and black with silver paint is pretty nifty looking. I'm storing that away in my memory to use in the future.
Thanks, I thought it kinda gave it an urban camo look, which is what I was going for.

Cool looking bike! :D Looks like a lot of fun :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Cool looking bike! :D Looks like a lot of fun :wink:

It is a blast to ride, it will go over concrete parking lot logs, tree stumps, roots, rocks, street curbs, jumps, and about anything you put in front of it with ease! And with the big shocks up front, nice soft spring in the rear, and the gel seat it rides like a Cadillac on road or off. Just kinda floats. I also have a suspension seat post I might try to put on here but it's just a touch too skinny. What's the best way to shim it?

Okay I admit it I have hit a wall as far as where to go next with this build. I'd really like to put some more aggressive 26x3 tires on it but I'm not spending $70+ each on them. I don't think fenders would look right, paint is already cool enough though I am going to add some more silver pinstripe to it, bars fit me great and look good, seat really doesn't look right but it's the only one I got that is comfortable that even comes close to the style. I know there's no way a newer Huffy mountain bike could actually win the build off but it just feels like something is missing.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? ANYONE!!!

Oh come on, I critique you guys work all the time, return the favor guys! Don't be shy. I can take it.

Re: RALLY RAT! HELP! Critique wanted!

Set of plastic fenders? :?

Latest posts

Back