RALLY RAT! More Painting! Woo Hoo!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Finally got started on my build off bike. If this bike wins it will be the first girl's frame to win a build off AND the first 20" to win a build off! I will be starting with this 1968 Schwinn Fairlady frame.
PB200044.jpg

You may remember this bike
P1160189.jpg

It is giving it's wheel covers to this build Little paint and they should work great.
P1190196.jpg

Re: Salt Flat Rat

Welcome to the jungle!! Get in line with the girl bike. I think this is the most ever entered. Get Ta Buildin'!! Peace

Glad to see you finally decided to join us. I'd love to find a set of solid wheel disks, maybe just 2.

Peatbog said:
Cool. There aren't enough 20"ers in this build off. I think I saw only one 24" (Jake). Anyone got a 16"er going?

Mine is a 20" (dual) rear and 24" front, I guess I could throw a 16" spare on it.

I got all the wheel covers painted and put them on some rims today They look great! It got dark before I could get pics. I test fit them on the Dyno Zone I got today to see how it looked and let's just say I'd love to find another set of these too.

bmxerpete said:
The Green Machines come with a set on the front wheel... :mrgreen:

Definitely will be watching this one, love the Salt Flats look.
Thanks for the tip I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. I also found a 16" wheel thrown out today. Kinda looks like a big wheel or unicycle wheel It has a crank integrated into the hub. Also has half a wheel cover on it but much heavier plastic. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow.

bmxerpete said:
The Green Machines come with a set on the front wheel... :mrgreen:

Definitely will be watching this one, love the Salt Flats look.

Sadly I cut a set off of a Royce Union Spinout a couple years ago... STUPID STUPID STUPID! I need them for my daughter's tag-along, I'll just make some.

I just got a dremal tool the other day from Harbor Freight, I'm getting bad ideas for the old mag rim I have. Few speed holes wouldn't hurt it would they?

Okay bait and switch time! I sold my wheel covers so I am going to use my frame switch. Out goes the Fairlady and in goes my back up plan. Figured this tough Huffy would make an awesome Off Road Rat. So I now introduce you to Rally Rat.

I started with this broken down and spraybombed Huffy Mojave.
P1310022.jpg

I decided to do a little flat black and sand through to the decals. I left the Huffy ones under the paint. :mrgreen:

P1310027.jpg

P1310028.jpg

Got it back together Also added my Trek lights I got at a yard sale.

P1310018.jpg

P1310029.jpg

P1310031.jpg

Little copper wool took the paint right off the decals
P1310032.jpg

P1310033.jpg

P1310034.jpg

P1310035.jpg

P1310036.jpg

ASR Suspension Phat-E Forks and 26x 2.10 knobby tires.
P1310037.jpg

Re: Salt Flat Rat Now RALLY RAT!

dragnusa said:
You have to take the rims off and paint them gold so you can have some rally rims on it
I was thinking neon green. Like this.
gittin_stang_3.jpg

Latest posts

Back