BO15 Beiwagenmaschine Type II (finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can my entry actually be two bikes? i like this one better already but i really like the other one too
View attachment 132103
I am just kidding but not kidding
You can technically make one bike frame / design change during the build off, so, and especially since you documented this build during the BO on this page, I'd say you could go for it. Powers that be? Others?

I don't need to push boundaries. I am thinking my docking idea could work. I have had to tow bicycles home from events before when they failed halfway through a ride. This tandem was nicknamed "TowMater" after that October day in 2013
FB_IMG_1597073086522.jpg

I couldn't understand why it was getting harder and harder to pedal the closer I got to the end of the ride. The fender started rubbing on the rear tire after about a mile

Time to quit stalling and start the side car with what I have here. this rack is rated for 500 pounds so I need to stop worrying about and get to the point it is a three wheeled roller. i used the rest of it on this thing and is solid enough
116871819_2628590460736584_4517774895046616647_n.jpg

I am just a little iffy about my choices of 20" wheels here. The problem I had with the original wheel on the Beiwagenmaschine was scrubbing in tight turn and some of the spokes were pulled out eventually. I finally found a wheel with a heavier guage and it solved that problem. I guess it took a year at least to torch the first one. So like I said quit worrying and start working
FB_IMG_1589832776037.jpg

Last edited:
Plus just dawned on me I can probably build in a toe adjustment this time. I was having to hammer the frame to adjust the alignment on the first one and the way I am mounting the wheel I can always just cut it completely off later

Latest posts

Back