Railroad Stuff/ BNSF/ all that?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any I took but near my home town we have a Steam train that you can ride on. I did ride it in the early the late 1990's.
Here's a picture of it I've found on the web. It's really cool.
2006-11-23-steamtrain.jpg

This is the pivot they use at the other end of the rails to turn it to go back to the start.
623654666_f1cd024b4e_z.jpg

Both those sets are great! They have a railroad up here at the zoo (in portland) That I am looking forward to riding and also they are building a Round house I've heard for the 4449 up here in the near future. That guys collection is impressive but to not let folks in, while his call, is screwy. I wonder what line that pnik and black engine ran on? *bottom of bigger ariel pic

heyslugger said:
Both those sets are great! They have a railroad up here at the zoo (in portland) That I am looking forward to riding and also they are building a Round house I've heard for the 4449 up here in the near future. That guys collection is impressive but to not let folks in, while his call, is screwy. I wonder what line that pnik and black engine ran on? *bottom of bigger ariel pic
The next time I drive out that way I will see how the engine is marked. The place is huge and will be a fully functioning Repair shop. The insurance would not permit. I understand there is an endowment set up and at some point it will most likely become a museum. He will be restoring and leasing equipment until then. I think it’s pretty cool. He provided a lot of good paying jobs for the last few years of construction. Nothing screwy there. :)

Where is the black European Steam engine at? Im a big fan of European trains. My favorite toy trains are Marklin. I used to have a big collection that was sold off to help pay off some unexpected medical bills. I just love the style of them so much more than any of the American trains. My favorite Railroads in America are the Disneyland Railroad and I used to be a big fan of the Grizzly Flats in Orange County. I made it to Ward Kimballs house a few times and it was always a magical experience there.

I took a little road trip yesterday to go see this. It is very cool in person! Worth the trip! After I had left I stopped to take the next to last pic and heard the train coming, so I raced back to the trestle. I would've liked to have gotten back on the track for a pic but didn't want to risk it....

http://public.fotki.com/ChipsMahoy/tulip-trestle-green/

Latest posts

Back