RRBBO13 Rad Alert! - Ride video with homemade, custom soundtrack.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calling BLO experts: apply to frame before or after decals/stickers? Do stickers stick to linseed oil-treated metal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preferably stickers/decals before BLO.

It takes a while for the BLO to not be tacky (like weeks) :D

I picked up my newly, trued wheels from the bike shop and reassembled the bike today. I’m a chain away from a test ride; I will probably throw an old one on it tomorrow. In other news, fortunately in my inexperience with linseed oil, I must have applied it very, very thin, because it’s not tacky at all except for a few spots where I must have put it on more generously.

Took it out for a test ride. 12 miles on a dusty trail revealed the following:
The Pros-
Smooth, fast ride. Lighter than I thought it would be. Great control/handling. Brooks saddle ( 1st time rider on one ) is a lot more comfortable than it looks.
The Bugs-
Might try a layback seat post for more room and comfort. Inconsistent Clicking in the bottom bracket area began about halfway through the ride. Bearings are brand new so I don’t think it’s them. Then, I’m not sure if it’s normal function for these old Huffy coasters or a malfunction, but after pedaling, then coasting, and then when beginning to pedal again, I have to pedal the cranks a few times before the gear catches to continue forward.
9394018d81ebb8e1d9a1c260e40776bd.jpg
8ae926601427863536f2e0e214c6835f.jpg
a517d58fe5b7fda9c2b0f1791ab68a19.jpg

Even with new BB bearings, it's possible some crud from inside the frame made it's way to the BB.
Looking good!

They’re sealed

Could be a stiff chain link, they can crackle and snap when they don't hit exactly right on the chain ring. And if it's intermittent, that could be it. Massage all the links, loosen up any that might be stuck. Lube chain.

On another note, if you like that Brooks now, you will love it later! Great saddles. And I just put those tires on the Fisher for an extended bike path ride we have coming up. They have a very resilient ride and are very light weight.

Bike looks solid!

Could be a stiff chain link, they can crackle and snap when they don't hit exactly right on the chain ring. And if it's intermittent, that could be it. Massage all the links, loosen up any that might be stuck. Lube chain.

On another note, if you like that Brooks now, you will love it later! Great saddles. And I just put those tires on the Fisher for an extended bike path ride we have coming up. They have a very resilient ride and are very light weight.

Bike looks solid!

Thanks OJ. I’ll give my chain a good message and see what happens. I love these tires so far. Fast rolling, great grip.

May have to change out the hub. Late in the game for this move, but I can’t figure this old Huffy hub out. I took it apart and reassembled it, but I can’t figure out why it’s not “catching” upon the re-pedal until 2-3 rotations of he crank. I have a couple Bendix hubs to switch out, but it’s killing me to do it because I just built that wheel and had it trued. Ugh!!

Finkaliscious!!!!

I fixed my (bike) issues! I believe the clicking in the bottom bracket was because there was a little play in one of the bearing cups because where the chain stays come into the bottom I’m bracket it didn’t allow the cup to insert all the way. So I used a grinder attachment on my drill and filed it back just enough. Clicking gone. The hub was just too loosey-goosey. I tighten it up a little and it solved my problems with that. Maybe a front brake, some cosmetics, and a ride vid with custom soundtrack this week and it will be a wrap!

Here is my ride video with homemade, custom soundtrack. Sadly, the tricks listed in the lyrics and videos of my song are not performed... I can't do 'em anymore... too old and too out of shape.
Nice!
And best ride video I've seen so far!

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back