Questions for you guys that use eBay

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you think these pits, peeling chrome, paint dings, chips, and bends in the metal in these parts should be dicslosed in a listings?

moto_0289.jpg

moto_0284.jpg

moto_0288.jpg

moto_0283.jpg

top pics: described as rechromed orig in excellent cond :shock:

bottom pics: NOS perfect new condition... :shock: :shock:

Ya think they were a little overrated? :mrgreen:

What would you think an adjustment amount should be, percentage wise, of the price paid, if the person keeps the stuff? ie 20 30 40 50-75%

Harvie said:
Would you think these pits, peeling chrome, paint dings, chips, and bends in the metal in these parts should be dicslosed in a listings?

YES...Depending on what you paid, might still be a good deal.

Harvie said:
top pics: described as rechromed orig in excellent cond :shock:

bottom pics: NOS perfect new condition... :shock: :shock:

Ya think they were a little overrated? :mrgreen:

What would you think an adjustment amount should be, percentage wise, of the price paid, if the person keeps the stuff? ie 20 30 40 50-75%

Post a link to the auction so we can see how he described it. Regardless of how he described it, I would want to see quality pictures that accurately conveys the item's condition. Believe your eyes and not their words.

As to the adjustment, if this guy was deceptive, I would send it back at his expense. I do that occasionally. PayPal is your friend.

The guy did not take a pic of that side of tank :shock: and the pic of the chainguard was from 3-4 feet away. :lol:

In private email said his computer was acting up could not post new pics.

HE GOT PAID THRU CREDIT CARD AS GUEST THRU PAYPAL.

TOTAL WAS OVER 260.00 AND WE ARE LEANING TOWARD RETURN/ NO CREDITS.

For that sort of money, I'd send his junk back and cut my losses. Live and learn. I had a guy a few week ago on Ebay that was being a evasive about sending or posting better pictures of a bike he had listed. When he finally sent me pictures via email at the last hour, it reveled the bike to be total garbage. I obviously didn't buy it, but had I relied on his cruddy listing pics and description I may have.

I would contact the seller and tell him you feel like the item was misrepresented before going the complaint route through paypal. A couple months ago i purchased a seat that had what i thought to be decent pics in the auction and the description said that the seat just needed to be recovered. Well i got it in the mail and the seat pan literally crumbled in my hands with bad rust. I contacted the seller and he was willing to work with me and refunded half my money as the seat frame was still useable.

Latest posts

Back