Questions about selling on RRB

Discussion in 'FORUM TALK' started by horsefarmer, Jan 19, 2016.

1. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

If you don't get the goods or a refund, then Negative for sure.
    If you get a refund or the goods, but weren't happy, then either Neutral or no feedback.

2. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

King,
    I'm thinking neutral feedback too (I'm an optimist and hope I get the stuff):).
    My idea is to explain the transaction briefly in the comments and the neutral feedback will act as a "flag" so future potential purchasers will have an idea whats up.

kingfish254 likes this.
  3. blwnmny

blwnmny

I agree with Kingfish,but just follow your gut instincts on this one, if he really cared, he'd pm you, explain the situation and make it right.

4. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

I just wanted everyone to know that largek9 sent me a tracking number at 3:17 pm today! :)

Pookie42, rrtbike, Falstaff and 4 others like this.
  5. blwnmny

blwnmny

:thumbsup: Hope all's well then.

horsefarmer likes this.
  6. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

No one would fault you at all for
    Now we just have to hope that he does right by texasbigjohn who has been waiting for the bike he paid for 3 months ago.

horsefarmer, ratrodz and Falstaff like this.
  7. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT

Sorry fellas had too have this moved too a more appropriate thread....

~Rafael ~

ChimeraCycle and kingfish254 like this.
  8. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

Yes, by all means I agree King!
    TexasBigJon is out some $$$ on that frame deal. I understand there are others waiting for items from Largek9 too...

9. Bicycle808

Bicycle808

For the sake of the discussion, i bought a hub from the same seller; i looked it over, and it was 7 weeks from the day i sent the PP to the day that the hub showed up on my doorstep, for whatever that's worth. But, the hub did come, and it's pretty danged nice.... and, dude was polite the entire time. So, no hard feelings here, but really, that is a pretty long time for a small package to make it's way from Florida to New Jersey.

horsefarmer likes this.
  10. texasbigjon

texasbigjon

Got a tracking # that says the frame should be here on Thursday . Hard to get excited after 3 months!

11. Rat Rod

Rat Rod Owner & Founder Head Honcho Moderator

He was given an ultimatum and had by the end of the weekend to ship people their parts.

Glad to see that he's following through.

12. outsider13

outsider13

hey, I had too search for this..Post "Questions about selling on RRB", its Kinda hidden down here..
    I'm going on 1 month for my frame\fork....:mad:

horsefarmer likes this.
  13. gabor szathmari

gabor szathmari

I PayPaled Largek9 for some parts back in December 3 2015. I haven't received the parts nor a tracking # yet.

horsefarmer likes this.
  14. outsider13

outsider13

This IS the reply I got...waiting 1 month for my frame/ fork:mad:

horsefarmer likes this.
  15. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

I'm pleased to tell everyone I have received my item from largek9. :)
    I wish to thank Rat Rod, and members of this site for getting involved. :thumbsup:
    I will say the extended delay in shipping caused my concern. I have not sold items here but have bought items here and I have both bought and sold items on Ebay, with 100% positive feedback and I always sent my items out in a couple days, buyers always got items in a week. I feel the post office is not as prompt as it should be sometimes - but keeping buyers who have paid for stuff waiting over a month (and apparently doing this repeatedly) is not fair to buyers.
    Here's hoping everyone gets their items - and is as happy with them as I am!
    Dave

Falstaff and LukeTheJoker like this.
  16. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

I agree - even though I created this thread, I did not receive any alerts after the thread was moved - even though the header says I am watching it... :39:

17. texasbigjon

texasbigjon

received frame/fork today!

18. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

That is great!

Luke.

19. jamesdart

jamesdart

that stinks to think you've been beat. I got beat on a car part once. I was young and dumb, paid the wrong way. not sure if I even had a leg to stand on for proof. years later I see the same guy on a different car forum, so I let him know I remembered. I wasn't looking for anything back. it was a lesson to me. but I have a really good memory, and he caught an attitude and told me I had no proof. I said well how I is this? I sent him his name and address, which I remembered, 10 years later. he then changed his tune, but eventually blocked me from contacting him. lol!
    I have had a bunch of deals on here, and for the most part pretty happy. I know some people would freak over how long it took. I know what its like to have a demanding job with a commute, a wife, a 6 year old, a dog, a bunch of other things to do before and after work, and I imagine there are others like me. maybe I'm too forgiving with the shipping time. I usually feel like when it gets here, it gets here. I'm usually just buying some old tired junk anyway.
    I always pay with the "for goods" option. I personally don't add anything to cover the fees. when I used to sell parts and stuff I would pick a price that worked for me and that's it. 3% isn't going to make or break me, especially when I'm just trying to get rid of junk.
    I honestly could never ship things out in a timely manner so I cant bother selling.

Bicycle808 likes this.
  20. Bicycle808

Bicycle808

3% of $100 is....um...$3. Plus the 30cent charge, so if you wanna get $100 For something, list it for $105 or whatever. Cost of doing business.... thankfully, you can sometimes pass that cost onto your customers. If a part is worth $100 to me, I'd probably pay $105 for it, too. But it doesn't sit right w/me when sellers want to tack on the paypal fee after the deal is done (for the record, no one RRB has tried that on me in a long while, anyway...)