Question about ThickSlicks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been debating between putting a set of 26x2.00 ThickSlicks on my Monark (Huffy) Thunderbird or some similar sized whitewalls to better fill the original fenders than the stock sized 26x1.75 tires.

My question is, does the white lettering on the ThickSlick appear on both sides or on just one side of the tire?

Thanks,
Andy

If you want cool looking whitewall tires to fill your fenders, you may try Project 346 Balloon tires. They are 2,35, so doing really good job in filling fenders basically :D
project346-balloon-tires.jpg

men-atlas.jpg

If you want cool looking whitewall tires to fill your fenders, you may try Project 346 Balloon tires. They are 2,35, so doing really good job in filling fenders basically :D
project346-balloon-tires.jpg

men-atlas.jpg
Hmmmm....
Cool looking tires, but my bike is a middle weight. 2.125 wide tires were a bit too tight.

Been debating between putting a set of 26x2.00 ThickSlicks on my Monark (Huffy) Thunderbird or some similar sized whitewalls to better fill the original fenders than the stock sized 26x1.75 tires.

My question is, does the white lettering on the ThickSlick appear on both sides or on just one side of the tire?

Thanks,
Andy
2.125 tires didn't fit on my Huffy built Monark Thunderbird. Had to go with 1.75. Unlike Schwinn where the frames were pretty much the same for their middleweight and standard cruisers, the Huffy bikes has a different narrower frame for their middleweights. Make sure you check the fit first.

Latest posts

Back