RRBBO13 Q U O I S E

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highlight stripes for the tank or somewhere on the bike? I remember how you were digging on that 'alligator skin' covered tank somebody else posted on their build....

I would use them for "hood tie downs" to mate the halves together, but I don't know what you'd do.

My guess would be matching hand-stitched grips, but what do I know?
That was my guess too. But then there's only five. Think you'd want six for grips.
Good guess, I have done that before. But not this time. Also, you can't always trust what you see. There are five cut, but one was a screw up.
Highlight stripes for the tank or somewhere on the bike? I remember how you were digging on that 'alligator skin' covered tank somebody else posted on their build....
I would use them for "hood tie downs" to mate the halves together, but I don't know what you'd do.
I like these guessing games because of all of the creative ideas! Highlight stripes is getting closer to the answer.;)

I didn't do anything more with the leather strips yet but I did get the bike into the paint booth today!
IMG_0061.jpg

Maybe a chainstay protector, though without a derailleur it's not . . . is that a FFR 65 Coupe? They're only a few hours from me—great company run by good people. If I wasn't such a weirdo with my own designs, I'd build a car using one of their chassis.

^ Yep, yep and yep. ^ :D

The paint booth is inside Unique Motorcars, there is lots of eye candy in their facility! That door is usually not open so I couldn't resist the photo bomb.:grin: They also make the TRM Tanks for me.

^ Yep, yep and yep. ^ :D

The paint booth is inside Unique Motorcars, there is lots of eye candy in their facility! That door is usually not open so I couldn't resist the photo bomb.:grin: They also make the TRM Tanks for me.

Oh , Cool , now I can cut out the middle man:grin::grin:

Uh...how do you get a picture of a Unique Motor Cars Daytona Cobra?

Easy...U neek up on it :grin:

Jason
Haha, I didn't catch that the first time I read it, thought it was a typo.:bigsmile:
Oh , Cool , now I can cut out the middle man:grin::grin:
I keep waiting to see what you're going to build with the one you already have!
I did count five... So are You saying You need only four of them? Than I go with my initial guess - You will probably put them on the pedals, where usually the reflectors rest?
BINGO! Pedal reflectors just don't seem to fit with vintage bikes.
Still haven't put them in, but here's a quick look.
IMG_0068.jpg

In other news...

The epoxy primer is done. Ready for some rusty quoise next!
IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

Last edited:
On my phone screen it looked like you were using strips of bacon on your pedals. Savannah's rival ball team is called the Macon Bacon.

Now comes the fun and name of this build. Work your magic.

DEJA VU LINER

DEJA VU LINER

My first thought too. Customer to TRM, "I want a bike JUST LIKE that Raceliner you built that I saw all over the internets."

TRM, "Well, it can't be JUST LIKE it, but it can be close." :21:

QUOISE time! Back to my red neck paint booth at the back of the shop.:21:

Painted the bottom side first. (Forgot to get the upside down picture without the tank.)
100_5587.jpg

After a few minutes I flipped it over and painted the top side leaving some of the rusty prep showing.
100_5588.jpg

100_5589.jpg

That's right, I forgot the name of this build;
_ _ _ Quoise .

I thought it was pronounced "que eze" like 'jeez que eze"

Latest posts

Back