Purple Reign GT Dyno Moto 29er Vids pg5, Beachin' pg6

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Purple Reign - GT Dyno Moto 9R Update 7/4 Done-ish pg5

Updated with parts list

CRASH said:
Very clean and smooth! I really like the lines!

Thanks!

Peatbog said:
The combination of the disk brake and the truss rods is really cool.

The bike looks ready to be ridden through the forest!

If only we had a forest! May take some off-road vid this weekend, but the length of this beast makes it not ideal off-road and the uber long chainstays make it really hard to lift the front-end,

Re: Purple Reign - GT Dyno Moto 9R Update 7/4 Done-ish pg5

Really nice and smooth flow to your bike.

Re: Purple Reign - GT Dyno Moto 9R Update 7/7 Done-ish pg5

I took the bike out to Lake Hodges in Escondido for a little froading, I'm uploading a couple of short vids from there. There was some rattling I believe to be the chain, I may add a tensioner on the chainstay as the chain is very long and even though the tension is about perfect for a normal cruiser, there's so much chain it's not an ideal situation. If the chainline wasn't so good it would be a real problem. Maybe a Kore Reactor style like below, which I already have albeit it's in pieces need to round them up.

05502.JPG

Re: Purple Reign - GT Dyno Moto 9R Update 7/7 Dirty Video pg5

Always cool to see a build off bike in use!!!

Re: Purple Reign - GT Dyno Moto 9R Update 7/7 Dirty Video pg5

kingfish254 said:
Always cool to see a build off bike in use!!!

I always build mine first and foremost as riders, though they may not always stay in the exact BO state.

Here's another short video

Re: Purple Reign - GT Dyno Moto 9R Update 7/7 Dirty Videos pg5

Found everything but the screws that hold it together, looks like another trip to Ace.

980cd6f9.jpg

I don't think my GT-Peace 29er would handle that trail any better than this bike does. AWSOME!

bike2112 said:
If Devil Anse Hatfield rode a bike, it would be this one. The lines are awesome and I second the coolness of the strut bars with disc.

Thanks!(had look up the reference there)

Peatbog said:
Wherever you are doing the riding in those videos, that looks like pure fun.

Lake Hodges is pretty much a beginner/intermediate skill area, neglecting the climb up Bernardo Mtn and the South side but those bowls especially are really fun. It gets hot out there though. Didn't want anything too tough on a shakedown run. Looks like the bottom bracket did loosen up a bit as bearing etc settled in.

mrfritz said:
I don't think my GT-Peace 29er would handle that trail any better than this bike does. AWSOME!

I have an army green GT Peace SS 29er (and a blue multi that I converted SS) and was somewhat surprised at how well the Dyno did in comparison, gearing is much taller(44/22 vs 32/22), about equal weight, much longer wheelbase(48 vs 43-44ish) and much, much slacker head angle. You can really haul in the flats was the biggest upside.

A minor rev update, pretty much there except to fill the cable guides, final cleanup, pick a spot for photos. Finally got the kickstand on, a tad short maybe vertically but even on a downhill slope doesn't fall over

f952862c.jpg

About the right length horizontally though

17209428.jpg

Had the F.u.n.n. label on the handlebar blacked out for my Murdered Out Roadmaster build, hit the laser etch with some acetone, much better

aa93b467.jpg

Re: Purple Reign - GT Dyno Moto 29R Update 7/7 Dirty Videos pg5

A couple of shots in the cleaned up state, tires looking new again ready for final pics and some sun, may do some of them at this location, greenest place around for color. Then a few off-road, and maybe another video.

56db43ca.png

0515e8ba.png

Re: Purple Reign GT Dyno Moto 29er Vids pg5, Cleanup shots pg6

Out of the norm, the sun came out this morning making it hard to see, but I'm trying to mask the bare cable guides in the picture above on the downtube so I put in 2 cables to nowhere with ferrules on each end but I'm not sure it really does anything.

cde935a7.jpg

Finally some sun at the coast, took her out for a bit of beach cruising after the surf sesh. Still need some off-road pics for the finished thread.

93901381.jpg

Latest posts

Back