Puch Bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ok, know I have a sickness now because I am building yet another bike. This one is a Puch moped being turned into a Bobber.

This is what a stock one looks like
Stock%20Murray.jpg

This is what I am basing my build on
left.jpg

Puch%20Bobber%203.jpg

Puch%20Bobber%204.jpg

Cut the cross bar and notched it, just needs welding now
Cross%20Bar%201.jpg

Cross%20Bar%202.jpg

Cross%20Bar%203.jpg

Then the only other major mod is to stretch the swing arm.

left.jpg

When I saw this originally I thought it was very cool but hated the tank. This thing is just dying for a peanut tank. Think it would go better with the round frame tubing.

g-ratter said:
left.jpg

When I saw this originally I thought it was very cool but hated the tank. This thing is just dying for a peanut tank. Think it would go better with the round frame tubing.
I might agree with you if they didn't have that stupid looking belted seam going all the way around it. :mrgreen:

Then again I like the tank I'm going to use on my build.

Cross%20Bar%203.jpg

All I'm doing with my moped is riding it, I tired doing some simple mods today and lost a lot of performance, so I had to order a $5 part I modded to get it back to normal (I hope). Trying to get another ped this weekend.

puchlow5.jpg

Nice stretch job, very clean.

As for shock angles, I use to worry with this on 4x4s when we wanted to "inboard" the top of our shocks to run longer shocks and help have more flex.

The shocks/springs/struts were probably engineered to do best at the angle the factory mounted them. "More" angle and they are stiffer and more likely to fail (think: bent shaft). If you keep them at factory angle AND location with a lengthened swing arm, they will have more leverage on them and compress more under your weight and be more likely to bottom out.

I am probably wrong about (I'm sure some keyboard engineers will correct me for this) but if it were me I would move the shocks back and make new mounts for them so that they are close to stock angle and mounted the same distance from the rear drop outs as stock.

Latest posts

Back