PSYCHOTIC REACTION (7/23-back-n-black)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
okay, here we go again for the 5th time! :D this year im going for a lighter bike with more gears. I like the way last years bike turned out,but with all that metal it ended up really heavy. this time around we are going stripped down, alloy wheels and a 7spd. im going to hang everything on a beautiful `41 hawthorne American frame,just not sure what fork im gonna use. first thing I have to do is clean out my garage so I have somewhere to work! :roll:

Re: PSYCHOTIC REACTION

I love your builds, so I can't wait to see what you do with that sweet frame.
Good luck.

if you tell me the name of yer bike is because of LOVE REMOVAL MACHINE than youve got my attention 8)

Can't wait to see what you come up with! :D Your builds are awesome!! 8)

Always like the way you give your bikes such great stance
Looking forward to seeing this build (lightweight, awesome!)

Skipton said:
It doesn't take long to get to page 3 these days..... Did you get the garage clean? :wink:
no skip...the garage still looks the same! :lol: hopefully sunday I`ll get to it and try to post a partial mock up. I did manage to weigh 6 different springers looking for the lightest one,though. kinda hard to get a pre-war to be light but im trying. :wink: now for a little psychotic reaction............ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBTT3VPriV8

its basic mock up time! :D im running the 57mm 3g wheels wrapped with cream square tread style tires. I still have to paint the nexus 7 and order spokes. the elgin sprocket will either get nickel plated or shot in satin black along with the rest of the bike. the winner for lightest springer went to the monark type 2 repop at just under 7 pounds. anyway...heres some pictures to look at while I drift on back to page 3! :lol:

Re: PSYCHOTIC REACTION (5/19 mock up)

That's pretty sweet and clean for a first mock up!!
You're almost done. :)

Re: PSYCHOTIC REACTION (update 5/29)

things are starting to tighten up! :D trimmed 3/8" off the steering tube on the fork, hand filed a bearing race to fit so I could use the original headset cups, and swapped out some of the chrome hardware for black parts. I was sent the wrong fork by accident so they sent me the black parts to change it over. swapped over to some felt handlebars, made up a fresh skip chain and mounted the trick pletscher kickstand. still have to trim the kickstand legs to lower it a hair. almost time to break it down for paint.

Latest posts

Back