Psycho Monkey Ward

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So here's my entry to Bonine , a Prewar Snyder built Hawthorne fastback .
My only plan is to actually finnish in time :D:D unlike last year !
Frame and possible fender set

looks like some oe scallops under the red spray bomb

may need to clean out my outdoor bike shop :eek:

we'll see what it turns into
Mark

Surely they would not notice if you slip a few into the red barn next door. You could classify it helping raise their property value.

I had a busy weekend doing yard work and cleaning out the clutter under the awning but I did spend a little time on a quickie mock up with a few parts from the pile that may work with this build so here is the progress.

a sturmy dyno hub is a maybe if it work, I have a few of these laying around.

I made these brackets for a different frame, I will have to modify or make a new pair for this frame if this setup stays on the build(Ford Snake is doing something
simular so this is an iffy)

slipped this pair of 60s style extended forks on but they are not quite long enough and not well made ??

at this angle the chain line looks ok though I have not checked it and that is a Bendix 2sp. auto hub but mounted to an s7 rim so the tire choice is slim I might have a different rim I could lace to it ;)

more later
Mark

I didn't have a lot of time this week for the bike and I'll spare you all the details of going through 5 hubs to get enough good parts to build 1 but heres the finnished work ready to lace up.

went through the scrap metal pile looking for tubeing, I think I can use some of this old broken bed frame for the build.

This little psycho monkey escaped his cage, I had to stop work to play a little !

more later

Nice work, also if you need to lighten your load you could send me that Schwinn Black Phantom repop.

Yep you gotta try Joe and yep Luke I thought it had some nice curves myself so here's the bed frame being repurposed...a circus trailer to haul the psycho monkey in from town to town :crazy:

a jogger / stroller to victimize

now to dig the welder out and see if it still works , its been stored for quite a while.
Mark

Looks like your Havin fun Mark !, I might Have to come up again and lighten
your load of parts .....

~RafaeL~

Latest posts

Back