RRBBO13 Project Ed 2.0 (It’s a Roller)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, at least watching and observing! :bigsmile:

I like your mods for the leaf spring / fender combo. This bike has a great look already. And yes, still watching!

Need some help on paint options.

I’m thinking the top stays need to be bolted behind the main springer struts instead of in front in addition, maybe paint the leaf spring and steel struts the same color as the fork and frame?

That way it looks somewhat factory.

7a76f91693b4d2c8318d46b2062de947.heic

bb36119b866ca19606631df5f7ac6812.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My .02
If you plan on adding more red to the rear (like a rack perhaps), then paint the springer bits red. That way it’s balanced.

If you aren’t, then leave it as is or go flat black to make them ‘disappear’

BTW, love the fender solution. I’ve looked at hundreds of vintage Indian pics and never noticed that fender cut like that, once you clean up your cuts, it will blend in perfectly

Thought I was watching but haven't been getting alerts on this one for some reason.

Looking good. Like how you used the old Indian trick on the fender.

How about if you simulate the struts on the front of the Indian motorbike, and run them as fender mounts behind your leaf spring as you suggested?

Have them mount to the fender, but continue it on up to the headset, like the struts do on the cycle.

Lurking...neat build.

That looks great, the thickness on the supports look similar to the size on the fork legs. That really helps it look like one factory springer fork design.

Great work my friend!

Think I saw it posted for sale.

Sorry the "E" part of this didn't pan out this year. Such a cool looking bike.

Latest posts

Back