Project Chris

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tons of sick ideas as expected.
Love that frame.

Thanks y'all.
Not much progress, but I did start making a pattern for the engine mount. I never really liked the stock mounts on these engine kits.
101_3268.jpg
101_3269.jpg
101_3271.jpg
101_3272.jpg

Been working on getting the stance right on Chris. The dropouts are temporary until I'm sure that it's right, then I'll make the permanent ones more stylized.
101_3273.jpg

A speedway-inspired ride might be cool

1934CACSpeedwayrightside_600-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ohhhh noooo....this dude's got dirt in his tank!
That's too 'citified' for this knobby dog! :bigsmile:

Lookin good Jim, I remembered seein something similar back in March .

View attachment 51887
I had forgotten about this one, was it ever finished?
A speedway-inspired ride might be cool

1934CACSpeedwayrightside_600-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are actually pretty close.:thumbsup: It will be a single speed like a speedway but unlike a speedway it will definitely have brakes! The rake on the fork won't be as short but if you noticed I also lowered the dropouts which effectively brought the rake in just a little. Glad you could see it!

This is a little closer to the look I'm after...
speedway.jpeg

Love the tire stagger. Make sure that front tire can't bottom on the fork crown. Heard of some folks flipping their bikes like that.
Thanks for the advice, I did check it and it hits the stops before the tire gets into the crown.
Ohhhh noooo....this dude's got dirt in his tank!
That's too 'citified' for this knobby dog! :bigsmile:
I'll try to keep the dirt out of the tank and on the knobbies!:)

Doesn't the 'bottoming out' typically occur when the rockers are flipped to rake the fork out?
That would most likely make it happen but I would think that taller tires could cause problems too.

@Chad T got me thinking that I needed to go back and double check to be certain. It does clear but it's very close. I might either extend the stops or clearance a little under the crown for extra reassurance.

Really love the profile shot and the knobby tires! Will enjoy watching as this develops.

Doesn't the 'bottoming out' typically occur when the rockers are flipped to rake the fork out?

What made me think to mention it was @sdframe 's bike so I had to go look and his wasn't. Just a big tire hit the crown and threw him over.

index.php

Looks like you've got a little more room but might be wise to err on the cautious side with the motor on there.

What made me think to mention it was @sdframe 's bike so I had to go look and his wasn't. Just a big tire hit the crown and threw him over.

index.php

Looks like you've got a little more room but might be wise to err on the cautious side with the motor on there.

Something strange about this tire, not symmetrical???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First off REN if you can find a back tire like that speedway jpeg THAT would be awesome. Second, I have a 27" stuffed under my rat trap with the rockers flipped and I have plenty of room. Flippin' them pushes the wheel forward, and stiffin's up the spring action to where it just about don't move.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back