Project Chris

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been searching for some vintage leather for the Christy saddle for three months now. I finally hit pay dirt with one week left!

I hope that I have enough.:21:
101_3672.jpg

Is that the custom tank cover? :)

I've been searching for some vintage leather for the Christy saddle for three months now. I finally hit pay dirt with one week left!

I hope that I have enough.:21:
View attachment 57540

I just did the same thing with a leather dumpster chair.

Stripped all the leather and tossed the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did the same thing with a leather dumpster chair.

Stripped all the leather and tossed the rest.

I started skinning the carcass right where it sat on the back of my truck.

101_3673.jpg

I actually felt a little convicted about destroying a fairly decent leather couch. I would've loved to have had it back in my early bachelor days!

Those giant tacks on the sofa might make for some cool doodadery too.
It seems like I can recall @Funkme using some very similar tacks on her 1910 bike.

Last edited:
I started skinning the carcass right where it sat on the back of my truck.

"I started skinning the carcass right where it sat on the back of my truck.".......because the wife said.... :mad:..."That thing is not coming inside of my house!!!!! " = :21:

It seems like I can recall @Funkme using some very similar tacks on her 1910 bike.[/QUOTE]

Mine were from ancient Chinese monastery doors dating back to Xing Dynasty. The handmade studs are apx 2-3cm

Project Chris will be rescheduled to air on Tuesday August 8. Check your local listings in the Builds section of RRB GUIDE.
We apologize for any inconvenience, thank you.
CHRIS STAND BY.jpg

Last edited:
Project Ed wins!:41:

I'll get started on your prizes next week.:)

Ok ok I won the build.... but we haven't raced yet. That's the real test.

So close yet so far . I know you want to get this bike done right. That's the thing about these dead line builds . I will be very surprised to have mine done either . I still don't have my frame back. It's kind of a bummer .

Project Chris will be rescheduled to air on Tuesday August 8. Check your local listings in the Builds section of RRB GUIDE.
We apologize for any inconvenience, thank you.
View attachment 57652

Bummer..... but will check my local listing for the rebirth of this great build

Sad to see this, but we'll all tune in next month at the same bat time and bat channel

batman-transition-thing-o.gif

Thanks for all of the support for Project Chris everyone!

I'm looking forward to taking my time and finishing it properly. Not too much time though, I want to have it done by the first weekend in October to take it to the Barber Motorsports Vintage Festival in Birmingham.:cool2:

Latest posts

Back