Pre-war Shelby??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This specimen, resplendent in its red house paint, is up for grabs locally. My tentative ID is based mostly on the chainring style, which I believe was common on Shelby-produced bikes. Anyone willing to chime in?

shelby.jpg

The frame looks like a Hathaway .The chainring and guard look like Shelby ?

I've never even heard of a Hathaway. Did you maybe mean Hawthorne? Those bikes were mostly produced by second-parties like Snyder, CWC, and Monark. It wouldn't be a stretch to include some Shelbys in the mix.

Yes the fork looks like my 39 Shelby. Hang on let me get to a computer so I can get a better look at it. This is a Shelby fork. The trouble with those forks is they all kind of looked the same. It's on the wrong bicycle here but you can the fork and the Shelby front fender both 39 or 37 I can't remember hang on
FB_IMG_1600528465634.jpg

I have seen that chainwheel on the Gambles Shelby's. I am not as good at id on the shelby frames as some of the other guys but that fork and if it has the so without the wishbone i have to eliminate the serial number belonging to something else before i decide it's a shelby or I ask Chris in California. I don't recognize those top tubes. I haven't really had many of the non airflow type shelby frames. He can spot a Shelby from low earth orbit. With that chainguard I would be looking in western auto catalogs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back