Pre-School Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like both: two tone flat black and primer red! Like a rat Bugatti. BuRATti?
images.jpeg

I like both: two tone flat black and primer red! Like a rat Bugatti. BuRATti?View attachment 108092
I thought of that too. Then I remembered the blue chain.
Now thinking black and blue. Possible name change to "The Lil' Bruiser". LOL

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks OJ!
I'm thinking a bead of caulk around the rims would be a good thing. Keep moisture out of the joint between steel and plywood.

I'm a firm believer that "You can't stop water getting into an area you don't want." I am also a firm believer of "Allow said water to flow out as easy as possible".

I'm a firm believer that "You can't stop water getting into an area you don't want." I am also a firm believer of "Allow said water to flow out as easy as possible".
In other words, caulk is a no-no?

Does that include around sinks and tubs too?

First, let me admit right up front, I know nothing about wood other than it comes from trees, and will keep you warm when burnt.

I've done a few old cars and trucks for people. It seems the most damage is in areas where the concentration was on preventing water from getting in, rather than drilling or installing drains. If air doesn't move through it, even moisture from humidity, mixed with fine dirt and dust will take forever to dry out.

It's your project, I'm just giving you another point of view.

First, let me admit right up front, I know nothing about wood other than it comes from trees, and will keep you warm when burnt.

I've done a few old cars and trucks for people. It seems the most damage is in areas where the concentration was on preventing water from getting in, rather than drilling or installing drains. If air doesn't move through it, even moisture from humidity, mixed with fine dirt and dust will take forever to dry out.

It's your project, I'm just giving you another point of view.
Thanks. No real experience with wood and vehicles. Worked in remodeling for several years and we always sealed everywhere moisture could get in. Windows, doors, tubs, and sinks. That was my mindset.
Thinking about it as a vehicle rather than display shelves, I see what you mean.

I doubt if she's going to leave it outside in the rain!

Cart is done. Now I can focus on the mini-chopper!

Hope this thing works for my daughter-in-law. She started her own pottery business in the Asheville, NC area going to craft fairs and farmers markets to sell stuff.
1b7daa42ea56c0cd2073fa4f8e05febc.jpg
e8bc9057c6a757b0e2456f44f82a08e4.jpg
df0fa928bffd5f0a44d4135ab4c08cdb.jpg
9e60454c9cd18db89bace92462d33044.jpg
2e7378a70ba039f799343aaea4d52f99.jpg

Spent a little time this afternoon with the chopper. First round of truss design done. Not sure if I like the stubby look or if I need to extend the truss up to the handlebars.
If I keep the stubby look, I may make the pieces above the crossbar longer and find some springs to fit over the copper tubes.
24162798d90bf1f30bb0db169afc8388.jpg
5da5daea78def36ac98213b7efb0a7dd.jpg

That bike is going to make some kid feel so rad! However, think it needs something to finish it. If you don't extend it to the bars, perhaps a hoop like a sissy bar, or a crown like a fork. Do trusses usually go all the way up to the bars? Maybe curve them to meet at a bracket on the steerer, above the headset.

I like the extend the copper tubes and stack some big springs over the top idea!

That bike is going to make some kid feel so rad! However, think it needs something to finish it. If you don't extend it to the bars, perhaps a hoop like a sissy bar, or a crown like a fork. Do trusses usually go all the way up to the bars? Maybe curve them to meet at a bracket on the steerer, above the headset.
This is where I think I want to go, wether I go with a short or long truss layout...
31e15b6692f994998faae0d01336189e.jpg

Yeah. Those are sweet.
How $weet are they?

Carl.

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk

Front End, phase III

Sorry, no Druid front fork, but the extension springs give it some druid-ish flavor. Still need to imagineer how things are topped off and attached to the gooseneck.
461566259eeac65708d404fcdc972a6b.jpg
1299231a0dfd4a3a7b3031eb35823455.jpg

Latest posts

Back