Posting a bit about me, I like to build things

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A picture of some of the projects I have kept- out of a bunch more i have done:
2020-06-28 12.06.22.jpg

Let me know if anything in the pile is interesting enough to pull out

I am posting this introduction, a bit about me, as I get back into building.

I like to make stuff, bikes are particularly fun. I like leveraging the existing engineering as a basis for my creativity. I take a functioning object and make it uglier, and less functional than before, just to prove I can! I am happiest when I pay ZER0 for my project, but also try to acquire cheap?free? stuff in advance cuz there is nothing my wife loves more than a big ol' haystack of rusty bikes in the backyard. Finding an old, chrome towel rack sticking out of the trash just makes my day. I use a lincoln electric 110v flux core welding rig, and am a better/worse welder on any given day... but my measuring tape and grinder are really my main tools. I like to leave most projects unpainted, revealing the modifications. Anyway I like to have fun, and i think it shows in my bikes! I feel my designs have improved over time. I have been away from building for a surprisingly long while, but as I went to clean up and ditch my (extensive) supplies, I got the bug again, so here i go

Last edited:
Welcome! With your skills and stash you ought to jump in on the RRB build off, you would fit right in the class 2 category. There are still two months to get it done.

Thanks! I am considering joining in - the timing could not be better! I have been checking out other folks projects and am really gettin' the itch!

Latest posts

Back