post trike pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so today i got a free trike from a friend but i told him i'll pay him 70 bucks for it when he gets out of work. so anyways... it's a miami sun trike. has to be at least 5 years old or more. i'll find out later. so far i took off the basket right when i got the thing cause it was bent. the seat was too close so i put on a banana seat i had. i took off the front fender cause it was missing a screw and it was bent and rubbing. so... here it is. i am gonna build it up rad and keep it. my mom has been checkin me out build up bikes and she doesnt have one. i told her when i get a trike it can be hers.

ok fellow rat rod bikes patrons. lets see your trikes. i need some ideas. i am totally getting this baby powder coated. i am thinking something with some huge tires all around and a strait springer. as for color...i dont really know yet. i am thinking black with green metal flake.

oh by the way.

i am in san antonio and on sat may 1st we are having a bike show at blue star art complex

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1680052404

then 2 weeks later it's a frankenbike thing over at alcapulco drive in.

FrankenBike # 1 ~ San Antonio, Texas ~ May, 15, 2010 ~ 10:00am till 5:00pm @ Acapulo Drive Inn on 609 s. Alamo St.

on a personal note. to check out crusiers i would go to the blue star thing. people are very laid back and chill and friendly. as for the frankenbike thing. i dont know for sure but if it's like the last few swap meets there, prices are gonna be kinda steep and some people dont budge at all. the dude from houston where cool as .... though.

anyways.

here is the tike i got. give me your ideas and input.

1271980929.jpg

1271980961.jpg

1271980985.jpg

Looks like ya got a good start there. Likin' the banana seat! I've had a few and lookin' for another one. Heres a few pics of what i have had.

First one I freshened up, before and after
Bikes022.jpg

Bikes038.jpg

Bikes040.jpg

next was just a cleanup and some fat tires. 24x3 on the back and 24x2.35 on the front. Sold it before I got finished pics though :(
Bikes2053.jpg

Bikes2067.jpg

Bikes2064.jpg

Bikes2068.jpg

now I need another trike to put this on..........
Bikes3090.jpg

Good luck with the build, they sure are fun!

FAT tires on the back, maybe shorty-ducktailed fenders. Bars look OK, maybe a springer????
Lotsa potential!!!! :D :D :D

Probably the most expensive bike project I've ever done. Don't know what I was thinking. Old Sun trike that belonged to my late uncle.
Had it powder coated a really dark,deep blue, added plastic mags, Nexus 3 speed... Never rode it and eventually sold it to an old lady.

trike1.jpg

trike2.jpg

heres one i did for a friend of mine. no frame mods, just threw some parts at it and fashioned an oak basket.
IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

parts of it are currently under going a major transformation in the basement.
IMG_3140-1.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

Here Is KUULEBRA:

KUULEBRATRIKE4.jpg

KUULEBRATRIKE5.jpg

here's one i hacked up

Picture095.jpg

big sprocket and seat are from a stationary bike. front fork is, i'm pretty sure, from a 20" murray. i tried linked steering and did a bad job of it. eventually i'm going to shorten it about 6" and just use big ape hangers.

Thank you Dr. Tankenstien.

This was what I tried to build when I was kid in 1969, here are a couple more:

KUULEBRATRIKE6.jpg

KUULEBRATRIKE1.jpg

This one is being built special for my Wife due to her not having a fullrotation due to a broken leg that did not heal up right.

PEDALSYSTEMFORSPECIALTRIKE03-03-10.jpg

pauliesatx said:
here is my trike so far. just finished it today. now i have to think about how i am gonna put a rear basket/rack thing.

1272846806.jpg

1272846778.jpg

Excellent Trike !!!

Pauliesatx, I used a Topeak Explorer Bike Rack and to center it I used steel tubing, all thread and I forget the name of the treaded part, I will take pics of the parts. look at the rear of the KUULEBRA bike, took me all of 30mins. to do this.

San Anton, it has been many years since I was last there, Friend of mine sent me some Nivk Villareal CD's, good stuff.

Latest posts

Back