post trike pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Rat Trike.........
DSC00314.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

wasn't the swedish guy buildin a really sweet trike?(sorry i can't remebr your name)
if so
did it ever get finished?
that thing was gonna be SWEET!

Here's an early mock-up photo of the trike I'm building for my girlfriend. More pictures in the build forum. It's an EBay trike.

DSCN4868.jpg

not as fancy as the rest of these but not bad for a bolt on trike.

100_5365.jpg

Markm said:
looks like you could do a bolt on stretch to that one Mr. Farrel!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sure could. the front half is just held on with a couple bolts... problem is the trike is for Penny and her arm reach is kinda short. I'd have to put on some extra long ape's. I'm buyin that tank from flying dingo to go on it.

I'm curious... how would you suggest doin the stretch?

some sort of "sleeve". The wide cruiser bars that come back at you might work good for shorter arms...and a backwards neck..

cool. i've been brainstorming. thought about completely replacing the top tube, but i dont have a welder. Penny came decided she wanted a motor trike look... so i'll probably just slap that tank on and just dress everything else up... tires, fenders, trunk etc. and change to a regular seat... with a bent seat post to give her more leg room.

You wouldn't have to do any welding to stretch that trike. All you would need to do it get two pieces of square tubing. One piece should fit snugly inside the exixting tube and the other piece should be the exact same size. Slide the smaller piece into the trike frame and drill some holes all the way through using the existing holes in the frame. This will be your "sleeve" and should be very strong. Bolt that piece on and then slide the bigger piece onto the front of the smaller piece and drill some more holes through that using the front part of the bike(the part thats currently bolted to the frame) for the drilling template. This way the front bolts hold the front part of the bike on as well as securing the extension to the sleeve. Paint and done........

This would keep the crank in the existing place. If you wanted to move the crank forward then you would have to cut the frame and do your stretch/splice between the seat tube and the crank adding a piece in the middle.

Latest posts

Back