Possible change in the Quick reply...

Discussion in 'FORUM TALK' started by Craiggo, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Craiggo

Craiggo

0   0   0

Here is a sort of lazy thought. What if the quick reply was at the bottom of the page under all the comments? I think people would be encouraged to comment more and give a little more of their opinions. I don't want to sound like a lazy kid, but I really think if I could just comment on the same page as all of the comments, instead of loading the quick reply page, I would do it more often. Also, It would help when quoting. I would just scroll up and copy/paste instead of starting a new tab. referring to previous comments would be much easier.
    Maybe there are already ways around these few "problems" that I don't know about. After all, Am am quite new to this site :oops: :mrgreen:.
    Thank you for reading! Craig

P.S. I dont know anything in site management. This is my top favorite site on the web (even including Facebook). What you are doing to maintain this site Steve is Awesome! don't think for a second that I am doubting you site. I am just throwing in an idea :D

2. TheFlyingDingo

TheFlyingDingo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I could agree, I don't know how hard something like that is to implement though.

3. Rat Rod

Rat Rod Owner & Founder Staff Member Moderator Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

It would take some programming, which I don't do.

Most of the user interface with PHPBB3 forum software is locked in.

4. deorman

deorman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

:? Wassa matta, you got a lead mouse? :p

5. JaxRhapsody

JaxRhapsody

0   0   0

Actually most boards are like that especially if they are vbullitin based. I was surprised the first time i joind a site that didnt. Or there is a quick reply at the bottom but you can only use it if you click QR on somebodies post which is annoying but its still right there.