Portland, In. finds

Discussion in 'FRESH FINDS' started by Terry66, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Terry66

Terry66

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I stopped by the mini-bike/bike swap at Portland today. Seems there were a lot of good deal to be had....Here are some of my scores from today.

A pair of 12" whitewalls for the Schwinn Lil Tiger I'm building my grandson...

[​IMG]

A donor bike. I needed a set of 12" chrome wheels, so I picked up this one for $5.

[​IMG]

a Persons seat with crash rail for a Huffy build I have going on...

[​IMG]

a cool oil tank. You can see where the guy cleaned it off. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, but it should work on a rat build...

[​IMG]

A working horn. That is a bit of adhesive on the side. The horn is in nice shape and sounds good.

[​IMG]

A Higgins boys beehive springer

[​IMG]

An interesting LED light with mounting bracket for $1. Thinking about painting is red and using it as a tail light.

[​IMG]

A hockey puck beer tap...

[​IMG]
  2. heyslugger

heyslugger

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I kinda dig the look of the masking tape and price on the tank. I'd consider leaving it.
  3. Terry66

Terry66

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Actually that is the copper color of the metal underneath. Not sure what it is made of, but it has a brass look to it and it is really heavy. The guy buffed off that section with steel wool. It should all clean up like that fairly easy