Pop.Cycle's kitchen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just wanted to start a blog/thread to just document, for even if just myself, what I am currently tinkering on.

As I post, I would appreciate your input: compliments, criticisms, or any feedback or prior experiences. I feed on knowledge and love to learn if you want to share. As boring as it may be at times, I will try to show my creativity and embrace new ones along the way.

gimme your $0.02

It's amazing how projects morph as they go. My main cruiser, a Dyno duece, has evolved from a laid back ape dangling cruiser to a klunker idea to what I now am leaning to a bobber kind of idea.

I am new to the comps but was toying with the idea of entering (not sure if its too late) to push myself to finish the idea by the end of April. It actually fit the motto behind the contest, but realistically I'm just a bolter-on and spray guy, not a rat or welder. Really I guess its just intimidation.....

Jingle all the way......

Had to share the season and dug this up in some old Christmas decos! How cool is this!

Thinking next year about going for a midnight ride Christmas Eve,..... imagine the thoughts of the kid's I ride by their house and only hear sleigh bells! Loooolllllll!:thumbsup::banana:

Attachments

• 20170101_095719.jpg
    20170101_095719.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 235
It's amazing how projects morph as they go. My main cruiser, a Dyno duece, has evolved from a laid back ape dangling cruiser to a klunker idea to what I now am leaning to a bobber kind of idea.

I am new to the comps but was toying with the idea of entering (not sure if its too late) to push myself to finish the idea by the end of April. It actually fit the motto behind the contest, but realistically I'm just a bolter-on and spray guy, not a rat or welder. Really I guess its just intimidation.....
Enter it! :thumbsup:

I may. The issue is time for me. As a driver I work away from home 5 days a week so home time cannot be bikes at times. I want to but failure and falling short may be the case.
You won't know if you don't try!

So I gave a whirl around the sight and spent a few bucks......

1- RRB Wierdo stickers, one is going on the Widow as its the perfect way to represent AND it's the color scheme to a T.... @Rat Rod
2- Porkchop BMX.... Wow these guys are down, I will definately be buying more stuff!
3- Scored a Nexus staggered wheelset that I will strip and hopefully successfully build my first and very OWN wheelset, and coincidentally use the hoops on what I plan as my next project, a swingbike! @kingfish254
4- an Oreon drum brake hub to complete the front on my wheelset (to add an old school flare/hot rod feel) @Smoopy's. Btw I love the shirt and the stickers quite a bit resemble my initials! Cool stuff.

But so far I am stoked to have had great dealings thus far and am enjoying the family feel to this place. And thanks @LukeTheJoker for egging me on.

:forum:

I reeeeeaaaalllllyyyy dig the Aussie Redback spider shift knobs! Soooooo cool!. Pricey tho, so at the moment no, but dang @LukeTheJoker you have cool stuff down there!

Said it is an indigenous spider to Australia only and they use the real deal in the knob!

I reeeeeaaaalllllyyyy dig the Aussie Redback spider shift knobs! Soooooo cool!. Pricey tho, so at the moment no, but dang @LukeTheJoker you have cool stuff down there!

Said it is an indigenous spider to Australia only and they use the real deal in the knob!
I have some of those spiders here if you like, all yours! For free! Just come and get them...
Your health insurance is paid up right?

:21:

2017-01-16 14.55.09.png

We has this guy in our front yard for a while last year:

2016-10-12 16.40.11.jpg

Eastern Brown Snake. Deadliest snake in the world...

Had a big one in our kitchen a couple of years back, that scared me... :13:

Headed tnite to the local co-op.....gonna pick a man's brain on wheelbuilding......hope to learn alot today......#bringinganotebook

OK so an edit here....

For a minimum donation they give you the run of the place and teach you anything you want to know.... Was great as I brought my truing stand and Karl was more than happy to teach me not only how to use it, but the dishing tool as well as wheelbuilding 101......Great 1-on-1 lesson and a great transfer of knowledge.....

Went home and trued my first wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best part was it was apparent he enjoyed teaching which is what made it fun!!!

Last edited:
Headed tnite to the local co-op.....gonna pick a man's brain on wheelbuilding......hope to learn alot today......#bringinganotebook

OK so an edit here....

For a minimum donation they give you the run of the place and teach you anything you want to know.... Was great as I brought my truing stand and Karl was more than happy to teach me not only how to use it, but the dishing tool as well as wheelbuilding 101......Great 1-on-1 lesson and a great transfer of knowledge.....

Went home and trued my first wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best part was it was apparent he enjoyed teaching which is what made it fun!!!
That is awesome! Once you know how to do it, you can build up some crazy stuff! I have built up a little 16" wheel with a discbrake hub, some 48 spoke 4X 26's, a couple of trike wheels... Great fun!

Caliper is here and going to do some spoke ordering this weekend. Happy as can be. I love learning and this venture has me almost blushing.

Still searching a welder but in time.

Really benefited from these forums as I have learned alot, made friends and have a bunch of people for advice.

Latest posts

Back