Please teach me on my Cwc bike...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sounds weird but as a newbie I discover and learn everyday!!!

All I know is that pedals are schwinn(it's written :D ) Truss rod probably are too.

Fork is a wald but don't know more of its origin.

Frame is for me a cwc but it seems that same frames have differents names as I understood.

Would like to know as much as possible about all the parts here to grow up my knowledge about those fantastic old american bikes.

Thanks for your attention.

Also would like to know if a tank exist for this frame.

Thank you. :wink:

Ratsh.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic, no better pics at that time but I can take some if needed.

On the bottom of the bottom bracket (where the cranks go through the frame) should be a serial number, under layers of paint probably. Look for 5 or 6 numbers and a small "cw" possibly. That will give a good idea of year. I don't recognize the sprocket, but I agree the frame is CWC early 50's.

Considering you are in Switzerland where there are few American bikes, you have a very cool rat rod. 8) Gary

If I am not mistaken, the CWC frames came with a straight bar under the tank like yours and also with a curved bar under the tank which was more rare. If you look in the "For Sale" forum, Rusty513 is selling some CWC parts and you'll see he has a red CWC posted with the curved bar.

I have the same straight bar as yours. Here are a couple of pics of the tank...check out the tank back by the seat post. See that little tab like square shape section? That is a good way to ID the CWC tanks.

western1.jpg

rb19.jpg

ok dude....
are yer spokes really that curved or are you just peddlin' really fast?
digital cameras often do odd stuff like that to fast moving objects
(google image search "rolling shutter effect" neat stuff)
340x_0sorenragsdale001.jpg

Hi guys,
Finally found a tank so i can continue working on it...

Still didn't found more on it and i would like to offer him the headbadge he deserve.

To be honest I don't know where to find more on this bike.

If you can help me I would be very pleased.

Thank you.

This is puzzling. Can you take the area around the right of the serial number down to bare metal? I think there should be more there. It's a 50's frame I think, and I thought those all had a Cw after the number. Also, your frame and dropouts look just like my 53 CWC frame.

358uil0.jpg

30wuxlc.jpg

Last edited:
Even though the original head badge is gone, There may be an outline of it on the head tube. Post a pic if it shows anything and that may ID the brand name.

Latest posts

Back